Uwatec versus Suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't see how you expect possitive feedback from people on the board whith your attitude.

I bought my Suunto Stinger because it has all the features I require for my diving, because Suunto is well known for their quality products, because the Suunto RGBM has been around for a while, AND BECAUSE I LIKE IT.

And by the way - we still do not know who you are ( a TROLL maybe ?)

Hey, Downtoolong,

I have a great idea. Why not download the user manuals for a couple Suunto products. Here is the link for the Vytec User Manual. This is the same manual that is shipped with the Vytec and has much of the information you are seeking.

And if you do a search on the internet for "Batteries" you should find a site regarding that topic.

People here are very friendly, in general, and will give you the towel off their back if you need it. Good luck in the future.

Thanks for posting all of those links. I figured he could find the rest for himself.

I only posted the links to make up my number of posts to get to fifty (this is #50).
Thought I could waste a couple of posts on this thread.
If we have not provided enough info by now, I guess we might as well give up.

I did that too, to get to 100, which is when you become a member.

I don't think this guy is even reading this board anymore.

downtoolong once bubbled...
As a precursor, I'm a dive Instructor who likes the Uwatecs but am willing to see if anyone can shed light upon and benefits the Suunto systems would have over the Uwatecs. This discussion DOES NOT involve any other dive computers or manufacturers. I'm looking to ask my dive center to carry both brands, but some reservations need to be overcome, which prehaps members here can help with?

This thread is looking for responses from people who ARE diving with both or either of these two systems. And please, make your opinions worthwhile and object. Just liking the 'look' or comments made against one or the other without value are unnecessary and unwanted.

...you will find the search function on this board to be helpful in your quest. There are several good discussions on this question. Just type in Suunto and/or Uwatec...

Perhaps you could help your LDS the most by preparing a spreadsheet listing features in common, unique features of each and share it with us...

...BTW as an instructor, you should understand that better results are acheived with honey than vinegar - works in life, works in the pool, on the boat, and on this board...

SimonN once bubbled...

Which is pretty irrelevent because a level stop should be considered a deco stop anyway.

That may be what Uwatec was thinking when they designed the Smart display. When answering customer inquiries about this feature, Scubapro recommends that the diver ascend to clear the level stop before continuing the dive. However, breking a level stop will just cause the computer to roll over to a lower microbubble level. Breaking a deco stop will lock up the computer. When a Uwatec locks it is a paperweight because the user can't cheat by removing the battery and there is no guage mode.

It is probably accademic for me. I am of the school that all of the popular computers are conservative enough. If I had a Smart Pro, I would not have any need for the microbubble level feature.

Meanwhile, the Pro Ultra, Aeris Atmos 2 and Vyper are on my short list for a second computer. You can see from my summary above that I have not made my mind up yet. Perhaps there is no real comparison and it is all aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom