very displeased DG03 owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone from Hollis monitor this forum? I am disappointed that no one from Hollis has even acknowledged this complaint here.

just to add to what rhwestfall said, Hollis (Nick) isn't the quickest to post here on scubaboard, but for the most part when people have had issues he does do his best to remedy the situation. I've even seen him recommend calling Hollis direct and asking to speak to him.

I'm still curious though, for my own understanding....what depth are you noticing the differences? and are you sure the Gekkos are reading correctly?

Again, the difference has been noticed at various depths but verified in a pool with known depths.

Do you know if this problem exists on a real dive or just in the pool, Hpw deep have you had it?

Usually dive computers are checked in a pressure pot. The computer is placed in the pot and the pot is pressurized to a simulated depth and then the depth reading on the computer is compared with simulated depth. Usually you want to do this for various pressures (simulated depths).

Yes, I have taken the computer on "real dives" and to various depths. Always the 4 foot difference.

Sent it back and will wait to see what happens this time.

FWIT On two different phone calls I spoke to a Ron who is the head of Customer Service.

My disappointment is reinforced. So far, not a single acknowlegdement from Hollis on SB about this issue. I even pm'd Nick 8 days ago and no response.

If they're not going to monitor these discussions, they should just remove or archive the sub-forum. It's frustrating for them to present a sub-forum or email address as a means of communication with their customers and then ignore them. (Says a Prism 2 owner who has had both emails and questions here ignored.)

If they're not going to monitor these discussions, they should just remove or archive the sub-forum. It's frustrating for them to present a sub-forum or email address as a means of communication with their customers and then ignore them. (Says a Prism 2 owner who has had both emails and questions here ignored.)

Shoulda bought a hammerhead.... :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom