Villablanca Penthouse, Casa del Mar Cabana rooms or El Cantil?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moodiejeff:
You're better off... the 1 bedrooms are small and no better than a hotel room. After staying in one I will probably never do so again. All it has going for it is the location, for the money I would stay at Casa Mexicana or Caribe Blu and taxi into town and still be saving a huge chunk.

During our stay last month we ran the gamut. First night was in a 3 bedroom (with 2 rooms locked off), then up to the 4 bedroom penthouse for a week. After our guests left we then moved over to the 1 bedroom. It was quite a letdown after staying in the bigger condos.

The North tower wasn't done, though we were promised it would be. We got switched between two 1 bedrooms three times due to unclean sheets, no internet access and broken air conditioning. So that was moving between rooms 5, maybe 6 times. Ugh! Some of that was our doing, some there's.

If I was going down with a group I would definitely stay there again, just not in the 1 bedrooms. As was said earlier, the location really can't be beat... far enough out of the thick of things but an easy walk into town. Oh, and a pool!!!

Albert.... hmmm, I'll keep my opinions off an open forum. :mooner:

Jeff that is sad to hear....and you were on your honeymoon too.....yeah you can't beat the smaller places.....maybe the Palace for a second honeymoon...lol it is pretty quaint don't you think :D

scubawife:
Hmmm, so maybe I need to rethink this before I send in any $'s ? We're low maintanence and usually have a great time staying at smaller places and are not fans of resort places w/ loud speaker music and pool games (did Fiesta Americana and Hotel Coz once each and that was almost too much).

I can live with less then perfect A/C when I'm paying under $100/night. I don't need fancy, but CLEAN is a must at any price. To hear that El Cantil had these problems when they are billed as a lux property and charge accordingly (at least by Coz standards), that's pretty disappointing to hear. Guess it is still Mexico...

Due to business and family issues, the internet and long distance were big selling features for me this time. And the location - walk to town, balcony right on the ocean, etc., are also a big plus.

Sounds like Albert may be the typical building manager - accommodating to get you in and different if you need anything?

Except for dealing with Albert we really did like staying there, his staff is absolutely wonderful. It is the 1 bedrooms that we mostly had issues with... just too small for the money. If you're getting a 2 bedroom for a 1 bedroom price you should be alright. The 2 bedroom is on the 7th floor with that killer view... nice.

I've said this many times, I would stay there again in a heartbeat as long as it wasn't in the 1 bedrooms. That and if i could afford it. :wink: Next time it will not be in our budget, that much I know. :11: We have to make 1 more trip down there to get our gear before the T&C trip in May... it's going to be on the cheap, that's for sure!

parrotheaddiver:
Jeff that is sad to hear....and you were on your honeymoon too.....yeah you can't beat the smaller places.....maybe the Palace for a second honeymoon...lol it is pretty quaint don't you think :D

Ha ha!!! The Palace is a bit out of my price range! All the moving between rooms was partially our fault, we were there for 12 days and we had to accomodate other peoples schedules. Our wedding couldn't have gone any better, the switching of rooms was the least of our problems, getting there and home... now that's a whole 'nother story!!! Continental really was a huge pain, I may just fly into Cancun next time just so I only have 1 flight... no worrying about missed connections.

Moodiejeff:
... now that's a whole 'nother story!!! Continental really was a huge pain, I may just fly into Cancun next time just so I only have 1 flight... no worrying about missed connections.

We fly Continental about 95% of the time. I hate the connections and 5am departure required for Coz so we usually fly roundtrip Cancun. Sometimes into Cancun and out of Cozumel so we only have to deal with the Houston delays (ALWAYS delayed) one way. For us it's usually quite a bit cheaper to fly to Cancun one way or roundtrip and we can get upgrades. For the next trip I got $276pp and upgraded roundtrip. For Coz upgrades weren't available on the Houston-Newark leg, and it was almost $200 more pp. I don't mind the trip to PDC and the ferry. I'm in Mexico, and I know I'll get where I'm going. Worst thing is the ferry isn't running that hour and we have to have a drink and snack at the beach bar and wait. Sounds better to me then waiting in Houston and being on another plane. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom