Visayas Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The high rates you were complaining naturally correspond to the hotel/resort you are in. Both Altantis and Eagle Point belong to the more expensive resorts, so they will charge more. Generally, expensive resorts don't allow you to bring in food.

On the otherhand, smaller resorts that don't have such facilities will normally cater to the masses. Some of them will even throw in a kitchen so you can cut on food expenses. You can also bring in a bunch of people to sleep in your room and they won't mind.

For me, Eagle Point is one of my favorite Anilao resorts because it is big and has recreational facilities for my non-diving family and friends. Most of the other resorts don't have this. However, food is expensive while service is lousy. The dive shop there is somewhat autonomous with dive gears old and worn out, though they have good and very experienced DMs.

As for diving in Dumaguete, I haven't been there and I'm also confused. Some say its one of the best in the PI and some say otherwise.

And that's why I'll be diving in Apo for one day this coming Saturday to settle this (for myself at least). I'll be diving with ScubaV (Scuba Ventures). Their rates seem reasonable.

May the guys from Dumaguete dive shops would care to clarify (before my dive) on what's the u/w situation at Apo. And which months are the best time to dive there.

- Allen

Though I'm afraid making 2 dives won't be conclusive after all :crying: ....

(since I'll be heading to Bohol the following day for more dives! :D )

phildiver88:
I'll be diving with ScubaV (Scuba Ventures). Their rates seem reasonable.
Let us know how it goes. I checked their site but they don't list their rates, which makes it hard to compare and I don't like to encourage not listing by emailing, but I make exceptions for places with exceptional service.

clgsamson:
Allen,

I'll be in Bohol tomorrow till the 1st. Be staying at Phil Divers lodge.
Absent muna ako dito sa SB, I'm sure there'll be a ton of posts to be read next week:wink:. Dive safe pards

Will be at Bohol Divers by Oct. 30 late afternoon. Will be staying there for 2 nights.
Just checked the weather and its not good. Hope it turns out well for both of us.

clgsamson:
Allen,

I'll be in Bohol tomorrow till the 1st. Be staying at Phil Divers lodge.
Absent muna ako dito sa SB, I'm sure there'll be a ton of posts to be read next week:wink:. Dive safe pards

have fun in bohol! recon the place for us i might consider it in the future:)

Spoon:
have fun in bohol! recon the place for us i might consider it in the future:)

yeah...me too..January 2006 most likely.

Guys,

If you want to know more about Dumaguete diving, just let me know?
i can arrange everything form day dive till night.
|Cheers

Back
Top Bottom