VTpro or VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does the battery compartment look like on the VT Pro/VT3? Does it use the clear disk with the o-ring around the bottom that secures with the locking ring that you turn about a 1/4 inch after pressing the disk down? I am not a big fan of this arrangement. I much prefer the older screw in with the coin type.

diveprof:
What does the battery compartment look like on the VT Pro/VT3? Does it use the clear disk with the o-ring around the bottom that secures with the locking ring that you turn about a 1/4 inch after pressing the disk down? I am not a big fan of this arrangement. I much prefer the older screw in with the coin type.

Exactly like that.....no problem with flooding on mine....either the VT Pro I used to have or my new VT3.

Does anyone know if the VT-Pro uses the same cable as the Veo 200/250? I've got that already, so this could make a big difference for me.

Tamas:
Exactly like that.....no problem with flooding on mine....either the VT Pro I used to have or my new VT3.

I've had one flood on me after a battery change. A dive buddy also had the same experience. The issue is that the o ring isn't a tight fit on the bottom of the clear disk. When you push down on the disk and lock it down with the ring, it seems like you have a good seal. However, sometimes it doesn't get a great seal. Only takes a little gap. I've never had one of the screw in types flood on me. I've got a 10 year old oceanic with the older screw in cover that is still ticking. Have you made many battery changes yet?

diveprof:
I've had one flood on me after a battery change. A dive buddy also had the same experience. The issue is that the o ring isn't a tight fit on the bottom of the clear disk. When you push down on the disk and lock it down with the ring, it seems like you have a good seal. However, sometimes it doesn't get a great seal. Only takes a little gap. I've never had one of the screw in types flood on me. I've got a 10 year old oceanic with the older screw in cover that is still ticking. Have you made many battery changes yet?

Not on the VT3 yet (it's brand new) but did on the VT PRO without any issues. I guess, like with everything else, you have to make sure it's done right before diving it.

No problems on either my Versa Pro, or VT Pro.

vondo:
Does anyone know if the VT-Pro uses the same cable as the Veo 200/250? I've got that already, so this could make a big difference for me.

Yes it is the same cable.

I'm considering a VT3 for me, and a VT Pro for my wife.

1. can the transmitter that comes with the VT Pro be used with the VT3 and vice versa?
2. can they share cables/software?
3. what do you think the biggest feature of the VT3 would i miss with the VT Pro?

i'm thinking of getting a VT3 (with transmitter), and a VT Pro (with transmitter). that way i can monitor my wife's air (she can't monitor mine right). we can share software/cables and log both our dives (software allows different dives/users).

i think the buddy air and the LED may make me buy 2 VT3s. we're new to scuba and i'm justifying the costs in the name of safety. but a VT Pro can be had for significant savings. i'm not concerned with her watching my air, as much as me watching hers, but ascent rate warning LED... hmmmm that may be worth the extra.

SpiderSense:
I'm considering a VT3 for me, and a VT Pro for my wife.

1. can the transmitter that comes with the VT Pro be used with the VT3 and vice versa?
2. can they share cables/software?
3. what do you think the biggest feature of the VT3 would i miss with the VT Pro?

i'm thinking of getting a VT3 (with transmitter), and a VT Pro (with transmitter). that way i can monitor my wife's air (she can't monitor mine right). we can share software/cables and log both our dives (software allows different dives/users).

i think the buddy air and the LED may make me buy 2 VT3s. we're new to scuba and i'm justifying the costs in the name of safety. but a VT Pro can be had for significant savings. i'm not concerned with her watching my air, as much as me watching hers, but ascent rate warning LED... hmmmm that may be worth the extra.

1. yes
2. no, while they are the same looking cable they will have different electronics inside
3. multi gas and multi transmitter as well as a few more features/options/settings

you can set up her transmitter s/n in the VT3 and monitor her gas supply, yes

both computers will scream at you if you violate the ascent rate, but then again you should be diving independent of that what the computer tells you and monitor your own fast ascents

if the VT3 and VT Pro can't share software/cables, i'll have to get two VT3s. :)

but true, sound alarm is probably enough. and of course we'll be trying to ascend independently from the computer, but i've had problems where i was going down slowly when i thought i was going up (no frame of reference and lack of experience).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom