WalMart Divers Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLL Diver:
Anyone who wants to come down and see how I risk my life using small lights to peer under coral ledges on daytime 60 foot dives in 80° water is welcome.
Those 60' 80F warm, clear water dives are really death defying excursions into a hostile world. Ya gotta take this diving stuff more seriously.

You are endangering not only yourself, but also your buddy (If you are serious about diving, you and your buddy, of course, are identically equipped.)

It's a slippery slope once you start compromising safety. The next thing you know, you will be doing 60' dives on air (gasp!) and using a yoke valve! :bounce: :banana: :multi:

My buddy had an $8.95 walmart watch thats been down 100' several with no problem. :)

hmmm. I have a HID light for my primary and then another for my backup....If I get in trouble and need a back up I want something that is going to back me up. I don't want to hold my breath and hope it does. See holding your breath isn't good for you.

Kevin Ripley:
Some of you amaze me. It's really really simple folks, you use the best piece of equipment for the required job and it will work under any condition. There is no need to have one set of lights for shallow dives and another for deep or a cheap set set for daytime and a good set for night. You don't cheap out on life support. I can't believe this thread has gone on as long as it has.

Kevin I'm not sure if this was aimed partially or wholly in my direction.

My problem with the thread was people blindly tossing in $120 for a light just because it's $120.

This is done often in a lot more than scuba diving. The point being the most expensive is not neccessarily the best.

Case in point. My Seaquest Pro Unlimited at $1000 vs my Halcyon Eclipse with SS plate at $650.

One is a far better bargain in my opinion and almost half the price.

Blindly follow is as or more dangerous than a consciously stupid choice.

There is a difference in the best money can buy and the best you can buy with your money.

Tom R:
I talked to a guy today that has gone through 7 of them so far

Must be a slow learner.

Marc

Tom R:
I talked to a guy today that has gone through 7 of them so far, but insist he still has saved money. Just because he hasn't made it the 90.00 mark where the good ones are.
$27.35 to go............ that's 3 more lights........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom