Want to replace "pull balls" on dump valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noviz:
Get a whiffle golf ball.
Available in select colors.
Usually 3/$2 or so.

That worked out well for a buddy whose wing came with just a string.

Pete

divemaster_jim:
Whadda ya think - did I make him mad at me? Maybe my needle was too sharp - or maybe his skin is too soft? Whatever the case, I hope I didn't leave a mark... :11:

I'm not changing the Churchill quote, yet, but here's one that seems appropriate to the moment:

No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.
George Jean Nathan​

Reefraff,

I like the new quote and appreciate people who are intelligent enough to use them.

No, you didn't leave a mark but you may want to rethink your Churchill quote. He said a lot of pithy things but that ain't one of them.

Sy

reefraff:
Whadda ya think - did I make him mad at me? Maybe my needle was too sharp - or maybe his skin is too soft? Whatever the case, I hope I didn't leave a mark... :11:

I'm not changing the Churchill quote, yet, but here's one that seems appropriate to the moment:

No man can think clearly when his fists are clenched.
George Jean Nathan​

sytech:
Reefraff,

I like the new quote and appreciate people who are intelligent enough to use them.

No, you didn't leave a mark but you may want to rethink your Churchill quote. He said a lot of pithy things but that ain't one of them.

Sy

Since we're talking about who had real cahones and such :D ...I wanted to add that I have had success using small, plexi-glas (acrylic) balls. They are small enough to find with NE gloved hands, slightly negative, aesthetically pleasing + they are a tad bigger than a standard DIR knot doubled over.

It can be a bit of work with an acrylic drill bit, but I tend to make multiples for friends too with a simple jig. You could use a pencil soldering iron, but the toxic fumes can be a little too much.

http://www.jmkdisplays.com/shapes.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom