War Eagle!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to be a die-hard Auburn fan till I lived in Georgia for 3 years. After getting ragged on so much by the GA fans, I decided I didn't care whether it was AL or AU as long as they beat GA, lol...except during the Iron Bowl and then it's all WAR EAGLE!

wow... this is too damn funny not to post.

Here is the Auburn Band playing "Rammer Hammer" to Alabama

(Now, before anyone says this is poor sportsmanship towards Bama, the Bama band plays this every game and the fans scream it, so this is a dose of their own medicine)

YouTube - Iron Bowl 2007 Celebration

The Auburn band started playing that song sometime in the early 90's--I can't remember the official name for the cheer. I've played it as a part of the alumni band but I had graduated before they started playing it at games. Someone did come up with a different set of words. The normal shout is "Go Tigers, Go Tigers, Go Tigers, Go!"

One of the things that has been fun as an Auburn fan that is perhaps lacking a little on the sportsmanship side (perhaps lacking a lot) is that we will mock you if you have an obnoxious cheer that you have done the entire game and we beat you. In fact, I like to sing the old rock standard, "We will, we will rock you" as "we will, we will mock you." :eyebrow: After I graduated from Auburn and before I went to graduate school at FSU, we played FSU at Auburn on my mom's birthday. We trailed much of the game and listened to the FSU war chant which is a very eerie sound for the opposition (and a lot of fun when you are the one participating). We rallied and won the game in the last minute. After the game, the Auburn fans did the FSU war chant for probably about 5-10 minutes although it felt like 15-20. I met many irate FSU students the next year when I went to school there.

I can think of numerous other teams that we have had some, mostly good natured poke back for.

T, we played FSU at Auburn on my mom's birthday. We trailed much of the game and listened to the FSU war chant which is a very eerie sound for the opposition (and a lot of fun when you are the one participating). We rallied and won the game in the last minute. After the game, the Auburn fans did the FSU war chant for probably about 5-10 minutes although it felt like 15-20. I met many irate FSU students the next year when I went to school there.

wow... I remember that game. I was there. Auburn came back and beat them at the very end of the game.

When Auburn started winning, they started that FSU War Cry and kept it going until after the game was over. The auburn fans wouldn't leave the stadium. They just kept going and going and going.

The whole school partied that night into the wee hours. I couldn't get my car out of the parking lot until after 2am because of all the partying going on.

It was prob one of the best Auburn games I've ever been to....

Back
Top Bottom