WARNING! No Jewelry Diving AND Secure Your Camera Well - Pass the word....!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, you forgot to mention not diving naked least one wants to chance losing the family jewels :D:D:D:D
There was a news story yesterday about a guy who did, by his wife, who threw in into a running disposal.

I just wanted to address the two common loses that seem like they should not happen.

I always dive with gloves, so my wedding ring and watch are left under the glove, so no barracuda will be distracted of my shiny Dacor Pacer 2nd.

Wedding ring always stays on. If a camera floats it is a toy. I never hook anything to my wrist as IMHO this is a unsafe practice. A real good way to get hooked to an anchor line and yoyoe'd.

This past weekend, I found 2 nice dive lights. I encourage people to lose things, that way I'll have less equipment to buy :D

I suggest search & recovery to everyone. It'll really help you find your sh*t.

This past weekend, I found 2 nice dive lights. I encourage people to lose things, that way I'll have less equipment to buy :D

I suggest search & recovery to everyone. It'll really help you find your sh*t.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Which dive God did I piss off that I keep finding lead weights?

My current wedding ring is a stainless steel band that cost me something like $5 at the Gem Show a couple of years ago. I still have the gold ring that matches my wife's wedding band, that we exchanged on our wedding day back in 1981, but before I could ever wear it again, it'll need to be resized. A cheap ring does just fine, and if I do lose it, it's nothing to worry about. I can get another cheaply enough.
+1, I have a couple spare rings in case I lose mine. Cheap silver bands bought at the little jewelry kiosks in the mall. The original gold and diamond number the wife and I got when we married, stays in a box at home. I'm just too darned rough to wear fine jewelry. Besides, I'm a fine example of lipstick on a pig! Gold and jewels clash with my tattoos.:wink:

Wedding ring always stays on. If a camera floats it is a toy. I never hook anything to my wrist as IMHO this is a unsafe practice. A real good way to get hooked to an anchor line and yoyoe'd.
Both are your call, but we keep getting whine threads from those who lose both.

My spouse no longer wears her diamond earrings as the "sparkly" has attracted Barracuda's a dull gold ring not so much.

Back
Top Bottom