Was it Tobin from DSS that got bent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck with your recovery Tobin.

Wow what an ordeal, Good to hear your ok and hope you recover with no limitations on your diving in the future.
It's already been said, but thanks again for the detailed account and possible contributing factors.
You mentioned you were waiting to see on the other site if anything in your post was missing or unclear.
One thing I was curious about but didn't see in your post was whether or not the team were able to do any surface decompression/rest before boarding.

Best of luck Tobin on a speedy recovery.

Good thoughts and wishes for a full recovery.
Please take it easy, and listen to the Drs.

Wow what an ordeal, Good to hear your ok and hope you recover with no limitations on your diving in the future.
It's already been said, but thanks again for the detailed account and possible contributing factors.
You mentioned you were waiting to see on the other site if anything in your post was missing or unclear.
One thing I was curious about but didn't see in your post was whether or not the team were able to do any surface decompression/rest before boarding.

I'm not sure I follow your question exactly. The balance of the team, three other well qualified divers, proceeded post dive just about the way we always do. I was the third diver out of the water. The first two were going about the business of clearing and securing the boat deck as is the norm, and the fourth diver remained in the water to unclip and boost deco bottles and scooter up to me on the swim step. It's a routine this group has done many times in the past. No one else reported any symptoms that I am aware of.

Tobin

Thank you sir, for the reply. I have limited experience with those types of profiles since I'm currently only in the training dive stages for them. The subject of resting on the surface post dive before boarding with heavy gear has come up several times, we usually get this done on the post dive briefing floating on the surface, haven’t run into a heavy sea scenarios that prevented this so far, however I’ve witnessed plenty of divers boarding immediately after a deep dive with doubles, etc. So that’s what my question regarded as it related to your experience. It’s something I’m paranoid about I guess, not clear on exactly how much excertion is too much and when and how long surface rest is needed, maybe not so much on those profiles. Obviously, a question for my instructor or will come up later in training in more detail, although you clarified it a bit for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom