"Waterproof" Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am another very happy user of one of Waterproof's 3mm wetsuits. Well designed, well made, very comfortable. Mine seems as warm as most 5 mil suits.

Thomjinx

Anyone else have an opinion? The shop owner has offered to let me try both a trilam and this suit when I take my course, but I'm not sure that I will make the correct pick, so I want to see what others have to say on the subject!

elmo6s:
I think that they are about the same price as a DUI ($1500), but you don't really need much underwear under them (so you save money there). The only complaint I've heard so far is that due to the crushed neoprene material, you need much more weight than with a Trilam... I hope we can find someone who wears/has worn one!

True crushed neoprene is lacking the air bubbles completely and should not have any positive buoyancy to speak of.

I've heard nothing but good things about them. That said, repairs requiring a trip to the factory could be slow and expensive, since the manuf. is in Sweden.

One thing I don't care for, looking at it (and some other suits have the same issue) is that the dump valve seems to be facing forward on the shoulder, which forces you to raise your body much more vertically to dump than when it is placed on the outside of your bicep.

Although I have no experience with these (or any other drysuit for that matter), I don't know a single drysuit diver who hasn't gotten wet at least once (including a buddy of mine who was diving in Antarctica). If this one really delivers the goods, kudos to them.

The suit is not a crushed neoprene, but "3,5mm Special Hi-Dense neoprene with SD Toughtex lining we use for our most outstanding product" (taken from the waterproof site). From the explanation, it contains Nitrogen bubbles in it rather than air, so the bubbles, although present, are much smaller and less compressable. I've met the rep from Waterproof (Kristian, maybe the president, I'm not certain) and I sat down with him and picked his mind on these suits, and he definitely knows the ins and outs of the suit.

I tried the waterproof draco suit on yesterday and fell in love i havent gotten in the water yet but the suit looks nice feels nice, it was one of the first suits i got into and REALLY felt comfortable. All the research ive done so far has had nothing but great reviews.

I just recieved my Draco three weeks ago. I love it... it's a great suit and it keeps you warm and dry. Last weekend I was on a dive trip in BC, Canada and in 42 degree water it performed like a champ.

I would highly recommend this dry suit.

Jullian

Were you using a "shell" drysuit before this one? If so, how much more weight did you have to use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom