Wearing Snorkel on Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you were using a snorkel, would you still be able to keep your mask on your forehead?

It's a nightmear...

no no no no, I don't smoke it no mo

This is insane... :eyecrazy:

"Yes, it comes in handy for waves. His point was in an out of air at the surface situation it allows a diver to breath and is a necessary safety tool. I am tired of lugging it around, but always wear it due to PADI standards. What are your viewpoints on the matter?"

Oh balony, many divers swim on their backs on the surface and prefer that method in very rough water. I don't care what PadI thinks, I like to pop my mask on to my forehead and surface swim on my back, works great, never lost a mask yet and if I do, I got more. If people like snorkels then by all means use them, it is a viable method for new divers in calm water. It is all good. N

In the last year, I switched to only keeping a snorkel in my pocket (just in case). However, I have never really needed it. Previously, I lost one on a wreck dive. (I know it's an old story. You live and you learn.)

It's just like the mask on the forehead debate, if you feel like wearing your snorkel is beneficial for you then do it. I'm not going to bash anyone for wearing their snorkel or having their mask on their forehead. Now not being a good buddy, that's a different matter.

i find it beneficial to put a pink snorkel on the back of my mask strap. That way, when I put my mask on the back of my head, the snorkel shows up well on my forehead, and keeps boats from running over me.

The last tech diver who sneered at me for doing so was not seen by the banca boat driver who ran him down. He had a nice funeral though, with lots of pretty flowers. (The diver I mean...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom