Wearing Snorkel on Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidthejedi:
Snorkels above water do the same job as a huge cloud of silt under the water - they highlight where the PADI dive school is operating so that everyone else can stay well clear.

Ouch.

Snorkels are pretty useless.... I would rather use my regulator than my snorkel, and if i was out of air its easier for me to swim on my back than use my snorkel... that being said, everyone has their own opinion, and if you are more comfortable using a snorkel than swiming on your back, go ahead and bring one, its not going to hurt you

I have a low volume/light weight mask and don't use a snorkel. I find that when I move along the drag from the snorkel feels like it's about to rip my mask off my face. Like some people already mention, swimming on your back with a back inflate bc is the way to go :)

Snorkles are good for that find and seek you do when its ripped off your mask on the roll-in ....a clear one makes the game so much more challenging...especially in high waves!!!

I almost always swim on my back at the surface...in fact I do my laps at the pool on my back just to stay in practice

Kim:
What's a snorkel?

Here's one.

IvoGT4-27.jpg

I heard they stop working at 30ft.........hmm.

The snork, to be correct, should be mounted in the center of the mask directly in front of the faceplate. Then, since we know the mask may NOT be worn on the forehead, when it is rotated around to the back, (The mask, you ninny, not the forehead.), it bcomes an upright post on which to mount flags, strobes, or dive markers. Easy when you do it right! :D

I am trying to figure out why you guys are still trying to convince each other that there is a right way and a wrong way.. good grief... who cares...and about naked diving...are you still considered naked with equip only? what if you have a snorkel? how about if you have your mask on your forehead,no snorkel but no clothes either?

I hate the (/&(/& thing.

The only times I've had my mask knocked off my head was when someone hit my snorkel.

Still I wear it as a sign of good faith and out of professional courtesy. And Actually I like to keep it handy when I have to enter and exit on a beach in big surf.

Back
Top Bottom