Website mascot ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat:
Who is Stevie Y?

That would be Steve Yzerman. I am sure that he will have the keys to the city when he finally retires from the Detroit Red Wings, LOL.

Hey, Big-T, not all of us hockey fans watch the game for the fights (although watching a Detroit-Colorado game in the late 1990's could be an experience in it). I like watching people crazy enough to step in front of little rubber object heading towards a net at better than 70 mph.

Besides, it is a great reason to drink beer. I was at the Grand Griffins Game last Saturday night (minor league team for the Red Wings) and loved every minute of it!

Big-t-2538:
Anyway...why don't we just go with my profile picture and be done with it.

Why do we need someone as crazy as the Tasmanian Devil to represent shipwreck diving? We're crazier!

Big-t-2538:
Profile...not avatar.....

I would LOVE that mascot, but wouldn't she get a little chilly here dressed like that?

I'm not seeing any problems there.

Mitten Diver:
Hey fellow Wrecking Crew

I had a conversation with a friend at work today and his daughter is an artist. I went to work today with the thought in mind of finding someone to put together an idea for the mascot. I walke into Mike"s office to discuss a phone conversation I had when it jarred my memory, Mike'S daughter is an artist. Mike has a few of her pieces at work hanging on his wall or sitting on his desk. Nice stuff drawings and clay models, and I am know art critic, but the picture she did of Stevie Y is pretty sweet.

I spent some time last night surfing the net looking for bits of the picture that I had in mind and even though I found some stuff I do not own the software to try and put something together. I may not even be the softwares fault, it may be owner/operator error.

I will be taking a couple of the things that I had in mind and having Mike's daughter put them together for us to see. I will then post them in this thread for viewing. I guess I will need to ask her for permission to use them as well in case we like them. I will look forward to everyones thoughts on this.

Mitten Diver

I know that I PM'ed you and am thankful for the response and enthusiasm, but could you let the rest of us know what is going on with the "artwork project"? Pretty please?

If possible I think that it would be nice to have a small collection of T-Shirts ready for our first meet at Gilboa. I am still trying to figure out who will make them for us, but I am sure that answer will appear. (Anybody here would for a company that makes these types of things?)

Also, if anyone has any requests as to special sizes or other types of GLWC merchandise that we can use to mark ourselves at SB outings (like things to hide what is in those bottles and cans :wink:), please PM and if enough interest generates, we will try to work on it.

Big-t-2538:
You hockey types need help....seriously....who thinks it's a good idea to fight on little metal blades while balancing yourself on top of ice...

This coming from a NASCAR fan? :cheeky:

To each his own Tony, it must be a regional thing. I don't get NASCAR fans.

Brian,
I could get pricing from the place i get my company logo stuff if you want. We are real happy with them. They do the normal company logo stuff like tees, shirts, hats, cups, etc.

Put me down for one XL of whatever we get done and let me know if you want me to get pricing.

Jon

GLWC members,

Sorry for not keeping you guys updated. My furnace went out in the house on Sunday and then on my way to Birmingham to see my Grandmother the heat in my car stopped working. Heat in the car is repaired new furnace with central air is ordered and hopefully will be installed this weekend.

I talked to Mike today to ask about the status of our logo and he informed me that his daughter Jenny is working on it. She is putting together a couple of ideas for us. Jenny is a senior in High School so she keeps a busy social schedule.

The first idea that I proposed was to have a dive flag rippling in the wind with an old ship similar to the one on the Shipwreck Festival website sitting in front of it. Then I asked her to draw a couple of divers desecnding on the bow of the ship with dive lights in hand. To finish it off I asked her to include the club name in a semi-circle around the ship. We may decide to add the outlines of the Great Lakes as well, but I figured we could see how things looked first.

The next idea would be to have a construction worker with an old ship in his hands kissing the bow of the ship. I have not included any additional components for this yet, but we could include the Great Lakes or a dive flag and the club name.

The third idea was a couple of anchors crossed behind a life ring with the club name written on the life ring.

These are just some ideas that I came up with through the other post and my own thoughts. I hope to here something tomorrow and will keep you updated on a more regular bases. I am not sure yet if Jenny will draw these free hand or if she will do this on the computer as she is capable of both.

Mitten Diver :031:

check out cafepress.com. You can set up your own store to sell stuff with your logo. The conch divers have set up one...YOu can set it up to make a profit..but checking with NetDoc first on that would be a smart move...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom