Website mascot ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I discussed the progress of the GLWC logo with Mike today. He informed me that Jenny has started the design and hopes to have something for us to review tomorrow. Apparently this new boyfriend is trying to take-up to much of her time for Dad's liking. So if anything comes through I will post it for all to see.

Mitten Diver :peepwalla

diverbrian:
If you can think of a way to smoothly incorporate macaws into a cold, fresh-water environment, be my guest. All TASTEFUL ideas are welcome! (Note: emphasis on tasteful was not directed at anyone. I would just think that we would wish to not have the moderators spending too much time on our threads. :))
How about a couple of macaws looking out of a murky porthole, with icicles hanging off their beaks? :54:

I really really like the idea

gedunk:
This coming from a NASCAR fan? :cheeky:
No, I actually like watching hockey, I was just trying to rib someone a bit. it's just never on the local networks down here...I'm too damn cheap to pay 50$ a month for cable to watch it on ESPN. Thankfully, the majority of the races this year will be broadcast on Fox...the few that aren't make good reasons to head out to the pub for an evening with the boys.

Big T it is nice to see you have come to your senses about hockey. Can you believe how good the NASCAR broadcasts look on FOX? Can't wait until everything is broadcast in high definition.

Mike brought one of the logo ideas to work for our review. This was not the logo that I hoped Jenny would finish first but it probably was the easiest. Mike did tell me that the ship looks pretty sweet though. He would have brought that for us to review, but he could not find it on the computer after Jenny left for school. So I will post this for comment, realize that we can make changes to it and it will not be the only logo that we will have for review.

Mitten Diver

Looks good to me, but change "shipwrecking" to "wrecking". Sounds like we sink 'em instead of explore 'em.

I don't want to sound like a hard-***, but it doesn't show the great lakes, a diver, or a shipwreck. It's too darn genaric...

Ditto what Tom said. I'd like something more diver or shipwreck related. Looking forward to seeing her other logo(s) ideas.

Paula

:429: Good catch on the "shipwrecking" goof. In my haste to get something posted I did not realy check the logo for accuracy. I was sort of disappointed that the original idea with the shipwreck and the divers was not ready for review, I guess you get what you pay for.

I agree with you Tom on the need to incorporate a shipwreck with some divers and my original thoughts would have been to include a dive flag as a background to this scene. I originally thought that the name encircling the wreck would have looked okay, but like you I wondered if having the outline of the Great Lakes would be more appropriate. Lets wait to see the other two logos before we make a decision on this. We might even chose to use the other logo on the sleeve of the shirt.

As for the Macaws, Jenny said she would have a tuff time envisioning the type of drysuit that a macaw would be required to wear in order to dive the water temps of the Great Lakes.

Take a look at the corrected logo and envision the logo lettering being altered a tad to balance in the circle in the middle.

Thanks for your patience.

Mitten Diver

Thanks Mitten Diver. I have to agree with the comments about it being too generic, but it is a great start! At least we are heading in a direction and getting comments.

It would be great if we could get a shipwreck and a diver in it somehow!

I think Macaws in a drysuit would be cute, but after the wait for mine, I can't imagine how long THAT custom drysuit would take to make.

Thanks for the work and the update.

Back
Top Bottom