We're real!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With our soon to be 'discovered' mascot, or some sort of "Wrecking Crew" logo!

I kind of envision a diver with a hardhat and a wrecking ball and a wreck of a ship in the background, layed over a background of the Great Lakes....

Something to think about I guess.

The mascot for a Great Lakes club should be a Lawyer Fish or a Sculpin.

A salute to Brian for charging forth and getting a new home for us setup!

A winter get together sounds like a great idea.

The Black Forest near Frankenmuth is of very high quality.
(It is also within staggering distance of Tom's house.)

Are there any competing suggestions?

Big-t-2538:
I agree a trip with diving some woodys and shooting some good pics is what we need in order to find the correct mascot. That and plenty of beer for the boat ride in.
I'll put in my request for a permission slip when I get home...hmmm...I am thinking this is going to cost me something.

Great job Brian...

Also... Just a note to say hi to all and introduce myself... :wavey:

Karen from Ohio

MikeFerrara:
The mascot for a Great Lakes club should be a Lawyer Fish or a Sculpin.

Maybe, but the hard hat idea works too. If you think of the cargo in a lot of the wrecks, it had to do with industry in the Great Lakes area. Steel, lumber, etc.

Juls64:
Maybe, but the hard hat idea works too. If you think of the cargo in a lot of the wrecks, it had to do with industry in the Great Lakes area. Steel, lumber, etc.

I think that rather than trying to keep the zebra mussels OFF the mascot, the mascot should BE a zebra mussel.

Think of it: the lowly zebra mussel, never giving up, clinging tenanciously to whatever hold it can... there is much to be admired in the lowly zebra mussel.

And, like us, it's nutty enough to hang out in some really frickin' cold water.

:)

Great, I can see it now. A non-native species that infests our wrecks (OK, I'll give them credit for cleaning up the water) as our mascot.

It's up to you guys, but what about a Sculpin or Bourbot? (We could still put a hard hat on him, :) ).

Back
Top Bottom