We're real!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64:
I was only kidding!

My sense of humor is not world-renowned. :) It is difficult for me to tell to if someone is kidding. But, I seriously do like the hard hat idea. It fits the people in this area and the types of wrecks that we are diving. After all, most of these are working ships, not passenger liners or military vessels.

diverbrian:
My sense of humor is not world-renowned. :) It is difficult for me to tell to if someone is kidding. But, I seriously do like the hard hat idea. It fits the people in this area and the types of wrecks that we are diving. After all, most of these are working ships, not passenger liners or military vessels.

I do hope you realize the zebra mussell bit is intended to be humorous....

:lol3:

diverbrian:
Great, I can see it now. A non-native species that infests our wrecks (OK, I'll give them credit for cleaning up the water) as our mascot.
QUOTE]
That could also be said about us.

gedunk:
You folks want something wild for a mascot how about a mudpuppy?

If you have never seen one of these underwater they are really something. Kinda like an underwater, freshwater iguana.

Oooh... very cool creature. The first one I encountered was in a small engine sunk in Lake Charlevoix. My buddy and I couldn't pull ourselves away and spent a great portion of the dive checking the puppy out.

And oh the looks and reactions we got once back on board. We wound up trying to draw one to get anyone to believe us. They had all checked out the same little boat but obviously didn't look close enough.

Paula

gedunk:
You folks want something wild for a mascot how about a mudpuppy?

I was thinking a Lake Erie Walleye since I am from Ohio... But I sure do like the name "mudpuppy"...

p.s. I love mudpuppies but I don't want to be thought of as one. My friends and I nickname muckers mudpuppies and put them at the end of the diving order until they improve their bouyancy. No reason to mess the vis for the rest of us.

diver_paula:
p.s. I love mudpuppies but I don't want to be thought of as one. My friends and I nickname muckers mudpuppies and put them at the end of the diving order until they improve their bouyancy. No reason to mess the vis for the rest of us.

Well... When you put it that way Paula I can easily agree with you... lol
I just think it's a cute name...

Thanks diverbrian,

and a big Hello to everyone. Ive been diving for almost 3 years now but only have a few GreatLakes wreck dives under my belt. Im definately looking forward to diving more this year,probably in the sanilac area and the straights of macinaw. Cheers

-Tom

mudpuppies are some cool creatures[Ive seen some large ones in lake Fenton]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom