WET suit vs. SEMI DRY suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since a few of you have mentioned peeing, has any of you put P-valve, or seen anybody with one on their semi-dry suit?

cancun mark:
I recently bought my fist drysuit after 20 something years of diving, and would say get a good trilam drysuit, you will wonder what you did all those years messing around with wetsuits for.

I know drysuits are more expensive, but I figure the only reason that people dive wet in cold water is they dont HAVE a drysuit, rather they dont want a drysuit. They are three or four thimes as expensive than a wetsuit, but they last three or four times as long.

Amen!

Drysuit "packages" are getting really cheap these days. You may want to try that route. I love diving in a wetsuit! They are so comfortable but Dry Suits blow them away when it comes to warmth.

I use a Bare Artic 7mm semi-dry suit, very nice up here in Northern Lake Huron, even nicer when you pour one or two gallons of warm water in suit before entering the water.

Mike

IceDiverInCA:
Since a few of you have mentioned peeing, has any of you put P-valve, or seen anybody with one on their semi-dry suit?
There's no reason you couldn't... you could put one in a wetsuit as well.

Back
Top Bottom