Wet suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krispykritter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How long do wetsuits last? I have the opertunity to buy a rental 7mm from my local dive shop for about 50 dollars less then new. He said they all have one season or less on them. They are the Akona Quantum streach brand, fits me real nice. What do you think?

Recently in San Diego I paid $170 for a used 7mm Aqualung Flexfit also used one season / demo suit from my LDS, new is $300...
Great flawless condition!
Sounds like you should be able to do better than $50 off..

Have to agree with Slater. If they are only taking $50 off, buy a new one. 50% is closer to what lightly used wetsuits sell for.

It also depends on what you pay at the LDS vs. what you can buy it for online. Often places like Scubatoys beat local prices by $50 which eliminates the deal, and you can just buy new. There are some things not worth buying used, and smelly wetsuits are one of those items. IMO buy your wetsuit new. They are not that expensive to begin with.

Hope you don't mind wearing a wetsuit someone else peed in!

Yeah, I bet you can either bargain for more of a discount, or find a better deal. $50 off is not that much.

As far as how long they last, I've had mine a year and it is still doing great.

Those people pay less than half retail or less

I bought a farmer john and beavertail
jacket for under a hundred only because
I couldn't pass on the opportunity to get in

and because of rental schmental

The only thing you rent is a house or a prudent car.

Otherwise, you just can't afford it!

Hope you don't mind wearing a wetsuit someone else peed in!
Well its not like they haven't already been in this one already.They may have been one of the "contributors":D
But they should be able to negotiate a little bit better deal.

I would say the suit should cost 50 bucks max....Maybe if you disinfect really good, maybe a wash in Woolite or Sink the Stink. You can catch diseases from sharing wetsuits. My dermatologist had to remove a wart from my finger she says I got from helping tourists and children get in their thick wetsuits. You should never share towels either, any rash or anything could possibly be spread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom