Wetsuit Fit Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It'll fit better when it is wet and broken in.
Enough better? Can't say.

As long as you're not feeling choked around the neck, arms or chest you should be good-to-go.
Removal on the other hand can be a chore sometimes and will often require a dive buddy to assist with peeling it off of you by pulling it down over your shoulders from behind.

How it was to don the first time is not a good indicator. As a new diver technique will have a loot to do with difficult donning. What it feels like after is much more important. If you have full range on motion and it is not effecting your respiration you are on the right track. More here.

Pete

I wear a dive skin under my wet suit. It makes it an absolute breeze to get your wet suit off & on even when you're sweaty or wet or dry. In addition, it's protection against stings from marine animals & the sun. I wear it even when the water is too warm to wear a wet suit. I actually have 2 so I can change into a dry one in the afternoon. Dive skins changed my life, I kid you not! They are cheap as well: http://www.leisurepro.com/p-blrlmlrpr/neosport-unisex-lycra-spandex-skin-suit-black-purple-large.

Side note: Wet suits are meant to be snug in order to keep you warm. As long as you as comfortable once in it under water (i.e., don't feel as if you're circulation is being cut off or you're being asphyxiated), then you are fine.

I wear a dive skin under my wet suit. It makes it an absolute breeze to get your wet suit off & on even when you're sweaty or wet or dry. In addition, it's protection against stings from marine animals & the sun. I wear it even when the water is too warm to wear a wet suit. I actually have 2 so I can change into a dry one in the afternoon

Thanks for the info. I ordered one and will see if it helps!

How it was to don the first time is not a good indicator. As a new diver technique will have a loot to do with difficult donning. What it feels like after is much more important. If you have full range on motion and it is not effecting your respiration you are on the right track. More here.

Pete

Thank You for the info!

As long as you're not feeling choked around the neck, arms or chest you should be good-to-go.
Removal on the other hand can be a chore sometimes and will often require a dive buddy to assist with peeling it off of you by pulling it down over your shoulders from behind.

I didn't feel chocked. My arm movement was a little restricted but not too much as to where I couldn't move.

Don't want to be rude but it might feel better if you flip it around the zipper should be in the back. I don't think Hyperflex make a front zip suit but I could be wrong. The fit doesn't look bad to me if it is loose it won't keep you warm.

Don't want to be rude but it might feel better if you flip it around the zipper should be in the back. I don't think Hyperflex make a front zip suit but I could be wrong. The fit doesn't look bad to me if it is loose it won't keep you warm.

Hahahaaha. You are right! That would explain the tightness in the shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom