Whale Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be snorkeling with CozumelH20. They have fantastic reviews tripadvisor. We are pretty pumped. Cant believe the poster above said 150 whale sharks. INSANE. so excited. We leave tomorrow. Will be using Dive w Martin for our diving. Got big expectations and am very excited.

I'd temper my expectations. Weather is a major factor in regard to if the whale sharks will be on the surface feeding or not. Any stormy weather will reduce the number you will see for days after the weather. It's a crap shoot, a roll of the dice. Watch the weather, if there are storms in the area a few days before you are scheduled to go, I'd either cancel or be prepared to be accept whatever you end up seeing.

I'd temper my expectations. Weather is a major factor in regard to if the whale sharks will be on the surface feeding or not. Any stormy weather will reduce the number you will see for days after the weather. g.

Absolutely true. We just did this trip on Saturday after a wicked storm came through Friday night and some rain Thursday. It took about 2 3/4 hours to find the whale sharks and then it was only two beasties, though still impressive. Earlier in week they saw more and mantas.

We also booked with H2O and all was well. However they subcontract the trip because our boat had other people from other tour companies on it. Our boat and crew were Whale Sharks & Contoy Adventures and the captain was outstanding. He put us right in front of the fish each time.

Great adventure but prepare for long day if coming from Cozumel.

We just got back an hour ago with our weekly Blue H2o Cozumel group. Epic day, lots of whale sharks and quite a few mantas. I do it again sunday, getting a workout. :D

wsjuly8.jpg

We snorkeled with the whale sharks the first week of July. There were Manta Rays doing summersaults among the whale sharks. Squadrons of spotted eagle rays.

We snorkeled with the whale sharks the first week of July. There were Manta Rays doing summersaults among the whale sharks. Squadrons of spotted eagle rays.

This month? and Eagle Rays WITH the whale shark? Really? Holy cow.

Back
Top Bottom