What are you charging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the local shops charges $295 for an "all-inclusive" course, yet you still have to provide M/F/S. Another place charges $249 for the same. My dive club does PADI OW for $200, you only have to provide M/F/S, and any entry fees for lake dives.

For my OW class year and a half ago I think I paid $250, that included training materials & gear, but not quarry tickets and student was required to provide own mask, snorkel, fins, booties, weights and belt. Weird, huh?

Naturally, prices went up since then.

Open Water class: $180 all gear and books included. You provide your own transportation and, during the winter months, a $15 fee to get into Belmont Hot Springs for the OW.

Hmm,
Its one thing to talk about the price, but no where do I see any mention of the quality of the instruction. IMO shouldn't that be more of a concern? Its probably not too difficult to operate an 'assemby-line' type of course, but what are you really getting for your money?

DArryl

dvleemin,
You're right it IS one thing to talk about price verses quality of instruction, but how do people that want to become divers know what they AREN'T getting? If I knew 3 years ago what I know now about my LDS I'd have gotten certified somewhere else. Unfortunately (not knowing anything) I thought it was a case of "you get what you pay for". This shop is the most expensive in town. I did NOT get what I payed for..........

matt

We have a LDS in our area that charges $99 for two people (two for one special) - price includes books, tables, pool fees, lake fees, and equipment... This worries me quite a bit from a quality of instruction standpoint, but then again I work for one of their competitors, so maybe I'm biased....

Anybody doing any Technical courses.
what are peolpe charging.

I am charging 700.00us for the entry trimix and another 700.00 for the advanced. since they are almost the same course i am thinking of comining them into one, add two dives to it as required and charge 1200.00us

guys i know are charging a 1000.00us each no combining courses. this seems a bit high. but maybe its what the course should be worth. to me it is fun to teach and good dives to do, so it is hard to charg so much for something i have fun at doing. it is some much not like a real job.

there seems to be very few people out there doing trimix courses that i can compair pricing with

AquaTec once bubbled...
there seems to be very few people out there doing trimix courses that i can compair pricing with

I paid 650 for Adv Trimix (TDI).

WW

Standard open water class is 140.00usd instruction only.

Here's what you still have to pay extra for:

$40.00usd - two week rental (wetsuit, hood, BCD, Regulator, Suunto Favor Console, two 80cf tanks).

$35.00usd PADI crew pack (also we recommend but don't require them to purchase for themselves the PADI video or dvd set).

$80.00usd (cheapest)- $135.00(expensive) two tank boat ticket

$10.00usd passport photo

$75.00usd fee for seeing their doctor (medical) unless they have HMO.

Have all your own basic gear - mask, snorkel, fins, booties, gloves, knife, day-light, octo clip, slate. If you don't additional cost runs between $280.00usd for the cheapest stuff and $500.00usd for higher end.

So out the door costs for class is as low as $260.00 but can go all the way up to $880.00!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom