What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Auto Kinetic - one of those self winding jobbies. Unfortunately I scratched it on a railing, but the glass is replaceable, and I'll get it done if I put another scratch on it. Very nice watch, extremely accurate. Plus if I ever decide not to wear it for any length of time (like that will happen), it shuts itself down, and has a capacitor that has enough charge to keep an internal electronic clock going for 4 years - so if I lose it for a year in a sock drawer, I just shake it, put it back on, and it winds itself to the correct time.

Had an older one about 20 years old that my father gave me, unfortunately an experiment with a magnet ruined it ;-0

Please add Tag Heurer to the survey. These watches are quite popular with divers and most are water resistant to 200M.

I bought my Citizen Promaster when I was 16. I have worn it since then without any trouble. Considering what I paid for it, it better not give me any trouble. I wear it diving, to school and at work. I work the road on an ambulance so it has seen some tough times and still kept up without any problems. SeaJay, how did you scratch your watch? Oh yeah, those Waterborne watch straps are top notch too. My buddy has one now after he relinquished his new watch to the abyss.

as far as I am aware Gucci do not make dive gear - it is slang for "top notch".

Mind you it would not surprise me if Gucci and Louis Vuitton did start selling it out here....

Jonathan

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
SeaJay, how did you scratch your watch?

You know, funny you should ask... :)

I was diving in the SC Aquarium as a volunteer diver, when a puffer fish (about a [large] foot long and very friendly) decided he liked the watch a lot. It's shiny and blue and very pretty.

He took a nip... I turned around to see him latched on, looking at me (instead of the watch) in a uncannily human expression that said, "Can I keep this, pleeeeease?" His beak (actually, "her" beak) put a slight "gouge" in the acrylic face of the watch. She was sooooo damn cute, looking at me with each eye independently controlled and iridescent blue-green, asking me if she could have the watch...

People below and outside just looked on, as if it were part of the show... :D

What a cutie. :D

The whole situation would have had a very different outcome, had I been wearing a $10,000 Presidential by Rolex... Or even a $1500 "plain Jane" Rolex.

Spend $20... That's my recommendation. Then blow the money on GUE training... And a few hundred dives. :D

...And enjoy the interaction with the other species. :D

He took a nip... I turned around to see him latched on, looking at me (instead of the watch) in a uncannily human expression that said, "Can I keep this, pleeeeease?" His beak (actually, "her" beak) put a slight "gouge" in the acrylic face of the watch. She was sooooo damn cute, looking at me with each eye independently controlled and iridescent blue-green, asking me if she could have the watch...

LMAO!!
:D

That's hillarious. I can just picture that now.

Oh did ya see the pic of my truck?

Nope, sure didn't...

I'm seriously considering buying a truck of my own... Strictly for scuba diving!

What's it look like? Which did you get? It's not lavender, is it? :D "Periwinkle?" "Fuuuu-sha?"

:D You know I'm just razzin' ya! :D

leadweight once bubbled...
Please add Tag Heurer to the survey. These watches are quite popular with divers and most are water resistant to 200M.
I love my Tag. Great styling, and with the Sapphire crystal it doesn't scratch. And being in the construction biz I've had many chances. Probably the last watch I'll ever own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom