What brand watch do you wear on land?

What brand of watch do you wear on land?

• Bell & Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Breitling

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Casio

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Citizen

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • Rolex

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • Omega

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Seiko

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Suunto

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Timex

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Tag Heuer

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • Luminox

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Fossil

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tag Heuer Stainless is the workhorse most of the time. Wore it when diving wet, now I don't. I love it. I'll have it forever.

Rado dress, Hamilton funky, Accutron casual, Luminox outdoor, etc. Didn't wear one for almost 40 years. Over the last 3 or 4 years, I've become like a chick with shoes...me and watches.

Hold me....

What's it look like? Which did you get? It's not lavender, is it? "Periwinkle?" "Fuuuu-sha?"

It's the most masculine periwinkle around:D What do you think about Rose-tinted racing stripes?:eek:

That ending bit cracked me up Mo2vation. :rofL:

I could feel the shrinkage even as I was writing that... what a chick I'm becoming....

Next stop nugget pinky ring. Geeze...

:laugh: Ken, you are flat-out hilarious!

My everyday timepiece is an Omega Seamaster 300 M Chrono Diver, steel on steel. And even though it's rated to 300 meters, and has a release valve for prolonged helium exposure at depth (so the crystal doesn't blow off when decompressing inside a diving bell), I've never dove with it - just like the convention guys. :wink:

I'm planning on handing it down to my son when he turns 18, if he's been
really good. :D

Watch is great... 200m even tracks bottom time... Oh and once you stop the bottom timer, it automatically starts the S.I. and while you are u/w you can always see what time you went in, and how long your S.I. was. Just incase you forgot... But I love the thing... Also came pre-programmed with the time in a bunch of the popular dive locations... Hawaii, Indo, GBR, Mauritius, Maldives, Red Sea, Tahiti, Cayman, Galapagos, Japan, and my home... Nice eh... A bit expensive, but it was a gift.

For all diving, and rugged topside activities. Great watch, and doubles as a back-up computer. Elgin Swiss, for all those other ego induced, show off opprotunities on land.:D

I have two Citizen watches that I wear regularly. One is an Eco-Drive that I received for Christmas and I love it (except for the pulling of my arm hair by the band. That band did take some getting used to considering I have always worn a leather buckle type band. My other Citizen I've had for clost to 10 years. All I have to do is replace the leather band every so often.

I LOVE watches that claims to be water resistant to 100m.

That's way over 300 feet. My watch better #%$&% well be water PROOF if its at 300 feet.

That wins my award as the most useless statistic on a watch.

K

SeaJay: Sounds like we have the same watch.

I wear a $40 Timex Expedition with a compass on it for my "land" watch. Underwater, I have a $15 Armitron that is water resistant to 65M.

Ths most important feature in a dive watch is that it is under $20. This watch has lasted me 40 dives and has nice big numbers with indiglo backlighting. Why spend all that money on a watch when a cheap one will work just fine? Plus, when it inevitably stops working or I lose it, I can just buy a new one for $20. So far, it's cost me about 50 cents a dive.

I also inherited a couple old Armitron & timex watches from my dad that he no longer uses. Those are going to be my next dive watches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom