What can I expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the Coz forum where people tell you their favorite operators altho few give reason why you should buy what they buy.

There are few bad Ops on Coz. Be sure to carry your own sausage even if you don't use a reel yet.

---- and why that op would be a good match for you, as though everyone thought alike.

His two requirements are "small groups" and "do his own thing". The later is not likely and the first is met by most if not all the suggestions.

If I am correct, he is not even certified yet so he may not have a well-reasoned dive op selection set of criteria yet.

Last edited:
Err.... That big concrete pier is attached to a beach, right there where the water stops. Its the bit with all the sand.

The flush toilets are just down the beach at Playa Palancar, the restaurant.

How 'bout that :)
thanks for the correction, we never wandered too far. And the shore didn't seem too beachy.

Still, I don't think beach is guaranteed.

I edited my post to verify about the beach stop if it is important.

My list is almost certainly not all inclusive for dive ops who stop at a beach/beach club.

I cannot prove it but I will assert that running your bare feet through sand while sitting in shade...looking out at the beautiful blue water...removes nitrogen from your system faster than bobbing along on a boat to the next dive site.

How 'bout that :)
thanks for the correction, we never wandered too far. And the shore didn't seem too beachy.

Still, I don't think beach is guaranteed.

Thats a nice beach down there. Sometimes Carlos runs the beach all the way south and back on SI.

It is true she doesn't always stop at the pier, particularly if first and second aren't near. Of course that is flexible, you want to stop someplace, it will happen. We have stopped at Paradise when people wanted to get a hot lunch between dives.

His two requirements are "small groups" and "do his own thing". The later is not likely and the first is met by most if not all the suggestions.

If I am correct, he is not even certified yet so he may not have a well-reasoned dive op selection set of criteria yet.

I agree ---completely, but not sure that has anything to do with my quoted post. Not to worry though, the whole conversation is not worth the effort to pick the fly poopies out of the pepper.

I agree ---completely, but not sure that has anything to do with my quoted post. Not to worry though, the whole conversation is not worth the effort to pick the fly poopies out of the pepper.

Because the quote function did not pick up the comment that you responded to which is that people have to provide ironclad proof that any suggestion meets the OPs desires at a 98% confidence level (sarcasm).

I fixed the missing quote issue.

One of my posts mentions an adavantage of a few dive ops (beach surface interval). Also some boats have shade...others do not. I pick those with shade.

Aldora's east side diving can be a major benefit if a norte comes through and wipes out one or more of his diving days.

His dive buddy may already have a preferred dive op which makes this all pointless, meaningless and an exercise in futility. Probably a waste of time as well. And immaterial.

Given that you may only dive three days and you are there during winter (norte season), the ability to dive the east side with Aldora is worth considering.
Do they take newbies out over there? They didn't, but things do change.

How odd. It was warmer here today than in Coz. We get another cold front Sunday night tho, and the mornings are still cold enough that I wear long johns to the field.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Coz forum where people tell you their favorite operators altho few give reason why you should buy what they buy.

And you did neither. The OP asked what he should expect and what shops we recommend, that's it. He didn't ask why.

Maybe you should quit trying to put words in other people's mouth and offering backhanded comments to those who tried to help the OP....unlike you.

Do they take newbies out over there? They didn't, but things do change.

How odd. It was warmer here today than in Coz. We get another cold front Sunday night tho, and the mornings are still cold enough that I wear long johns to the field.

Good question and I do not know. It may also make a difference if it is dive day one versus day three or four.

The other point (maybe not mentioned) is that not all dive ops will pick up at Hotel Cozumel. Those who board at the caleta "may" not go north for hotel pickups.

Those who start north of Hotel Cozumel most likely will pick up there so ask where they pick up and change dive ops if hotel pickup is manadatory..or be prepared to take a taxi to their pickup point.

Hey all, thx for all of the replies. I appreciate all of them.

A few things.... I now have my OW and my Dry suit cert. Since my gf has been there a number of times and always stayed at the same place and uses the same dive op she would like to do so again. No arguments there from me. We will be using Dive Paradise. She wonders if Jose and Jorge still work there as she has good experience with both of them. Does anyone know if they are still there?

By my own thing i did not mean a solo, i just didin't want to get stuck in with some of these large groups. Small groups are ok with me and that the DM most likely will stay close with me my first dive with Dive Paradise. Our plan is to do a shore dive or 2 the first day so that i can acclimate a bit.

Myself, I would like to investigate other places to stay and dive ops to use for future reference in Cozumel. I am already planning another dive trip in Feb. and Cozumel may be an option but am looking into other locations such as Belize, Honduras and Bonaire.

thx all, look forward to getting to know you all better.....

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom