What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oops...forgot! It was about $250 from Silent World in the Keys...bought it from them online

Oceanic Data Max Pro Plus.
Console with compass.
Loved everything about it until my first nitrox dive, when I discovered I couldn't change its max ATA from 1.60. Still love the computer, and have no plans to change it anytime soon.
Although the Suunto Vi-Tek hoseless may change my mind, when it comes out.

Count me in too on the Nitek. I have the mixed-gas version because I was thinking ahead for a change. When I get into the real teck diving I'll be all set. Got it used, too (pawn-shop, so I'm afraid to take it in for service someday. It is a little "warm" to the touch).

This may be off the posted subject, but what else teck gear should I go looking for? Any suggestions where to look ? pawnshop again? mail-order? I like my local store(s), but wonder about their prices.

:confused:

I assume you're talking about a NiTek-3 and how much did you give for it. I'm sure your LDS will help you out with any problems or servicing for a very proud rate.:maniac:Me thinks, you are the little yellow guy.

I've recently acquired a new Vyper. It will be used primarily in gauge mode, and the download capability is pretty cool. Prior to that, I used an old fashion Aladin Pro that I frequently bent and stuck back in the water. My wife paid $216 for the Vyper as a gift for my birthday. I seriously considered either the OMS or the Uwatec bottom timer, but I wanted the downloadable Vyper. No Nitek gizmo for me :D.

Mike

Hey Steel95s:

I'm sure that was a typo about "LSD" helping me out, right? But, on the other hand, I've been places my local dive-store never ever thought of taking me (sounds of 'Steppenwolf' playing in the background).
You called it a Nitek model-3, what's model 1 and 2? Is there such a thing? I didn't know what I was looking for, and the pawn-guy didn't know what it was, so we agreed on $250 for it. Come battery-replacemnt time, I think it becomes a nice paperweight.

My local LDS has been very helpful for a lot of the other gear, but I can't take the computer to them. What is the big deal about buying scuba-gear other than at a store? Has the www started selling airfills yet? I looked at buying a compressor, and I can spend a long time in a store before they can top $3-4 big ones! Whos going to do my servicing? And answer my stupid questions? And book my trips? And help me with choosing more classes (or are they on www too?). I may buy a few things from a mail-order outlet somewhere, but you can bet your dive bootys that this chicken-diver buys from someone i (or my estate attourney) can see face-to-face when it brakes. Except for the nitek, and we've been over that one.

I had also asked about other gear, and started reading about the bundgee wing bcd. Please enlighten me on the controversy about them. I get the impression they are a love-hate thing, but are either version dangerous?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom