What did you buy that you dont regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things I don't regret:
3 Poseiden regs
steel 108s
deep outdoors dbl bladder wing
manta reels and smbs
butt bag
bp/ wing
slipsteam fins and coil straps
diamond back ups
shears and a cutter
backup mask
VR3
Viking drysuit
Argon bottle

Thing i do
PADi classes

My X-Scooter

BP/W with hog harness. (DSS and Hammerhead, with DSS, Diverite, and Oxycheq wings.)

Balanced regs (SP S555/MK17 and AL Titan LX... the difference over my Conshelf 21 at depth, and in general, is amazing.

Barbolight U-09 LED light. Tiny, tough, rechargeable li-ion included, and I use it as a primary. As bright as an 8xC UK eLED.

UK Q40 eLED plus-- best value in dive lights and compact. Only the plus model, the Q40 is half as bright. Perfect backup light.

TUSA IQ-700 computer.

That's it... I have some regrets and couldn't bring myself to post them.

My Oceanic Shadow mask
Drygloves (the dish glove type :D )
40 cf slung bottle with Salvo reg (went back and forth on this _alot_)
A thicker hood (I was getting cold)

As well all my regular stuff (Atomic z2, Halcyon BP/W etc :) ).

Don't regret much really.

well for me its my suunto D6 computer, the screen is small but i find that the resouloion makes its easy to read aswell. it also makes a good watch. also i dont regret my cressi reaction fins. simple and easy to use.

My tech rig, BP/RecWing, double 95's, deco bottle, 3 sets of Apeks ATX50 regs 1 - ATX200 reg, all my training, and most of all my Bare XCD2 Tech drysuit (must have for the Great Lakes).

Mike

I switched from jacket to BP/W
I switched from cressi reg/octo to zeagle long hose/necklace
I switched from wet to dry
I switched from singles to doubles
All good.....:)

In general I'd say I was happy I bought DIRF course and mostly DIR-compliant equipment and got into that whole thing early on in my dive career (not that I'm really DIR).

However, even purchases I didn't like taught me something. I think you have to make some bad buys in order to appreciate what's good and to gain a better understanding of different gears. For example, I've long since sold my split fins, but I'm sort of glad I got to try them at least.

My DSS BP/W!

Spring straps that I made myself..with the help of all of you!

My cruise w/snorkeling that gave me the first taste of seeing all the amazing things underwater and resulted in me getting certified!

Happy New Year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom