What did you buy that you dont regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle Stiletto BC
DiveRite TranspacII BC
Atomic B2
Atomic SS1
Oceanic ProPlusII
Atomic Split fins, Yellow
Amoxtec Oxygen Analyzer
Camera & Strobe

green force HID100
Dive rite rec wing w/transplate and SSBP
ABYSS custom dry suit

when it comes to dive gear the only thing I regret, is the gear I don't have yet:D

Besides all the training I've received to date
Jet Fins w/ Spring Backs (made donning, doffing fins a snap)
Oceanic Delta4 w/ FDX10 Regs (flawlwess performance for 2 years great value for cost)
Green Force HID Pro 50W w/ Goodman handle(Awesome light, hands free)
Zeagle Tech BC

Used gear that can always be referbished, i.e.

• Sherwood Blizzard and Brut regs from the early '90s
  • Viking vulcanized dry suit, patch it like a bicycle tire!

New gear that lasts for ever:
  • Jet fins (L for wet, XL for dry suit)
  • Dive Rite rig because you can add or remove any component to suit the conditions or dive objective.
  • Oceaninc DataMax Pro - the little hockey puck dive computer that is bare-bones basic.
  • Custom wet suit by Eagle Reef, cost less than an off-the-shelf suit and fits!
  • Any gear bag with wheels on it so you don't have to pick the Bloody thing up - I have an original Akona dive bag that works just fine.
  • Superlight 17K - I like being able to switch out the communication set from bare wire posts to waterproof connector four wire to match the system I am diving off of.

CoalBoy:
...Tusa Resort Mask.
great fit. used it for about 6 years. had to replace it when the skirt looked like overcooked bacon. bought another one exactly like it.

...Diverite Nitek C Computer.
simple, no frills, indestructible.

I bought a used TUSA mask and when the skirt got that bad I just got a new skirt and replaced the old one. Worked great until I managed to lose it on a beach dive.

My PEE Valve for my dry suit and a case of condoms...for the pee valve..:wink:..Real term is catheters...but if ya tie a knot at the end..your good to go!

Back plate and wing, my new Skaana drygolves....My DIR - IKEA steak knives, OMS Slipstream fins with spring straps...

Coming soon Salvo light....

My Viking drysuit. Still like new after 19 years.

And to counter some of the "what do you regret buying" comments in the other thread...
An engagement ring. After 14 years it still works like new too.

-Ben M.

Back
Top Bottom