What do you do with scallops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
I love them fried but have given up fried food so what other ways are scallops good? A little butter and seasoning in a non-stick pan was OK, although I got them a little too done. But I'm hunting something else, more flavorful...or something....

Any ideas?

Pan sauteed with butter, old bay, and fresh tyme. simple and delicious in five minutes. They should never overcook. :wink:

dove today at Santa Cruz Island, one of the Channel Islands off of So Cal, got some scallops and cooked them up tonight with butter, galic, salt & pepper in a frying pan. Very good.

Raw.....and still alive while floating at the surface. Pry open with your knife and separate the adductor muscle, pop it in your mouth while it's still contracting. Or, wrap with medium thick bacon, secure w/ toothpick and roll around on a medium hot barbeque grille until bacon is done then top with chopped cilantro and parsley...yumm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom