What do you do with your PADI Patches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like those nicotine patches except for divers who haven't been able to get to the water for a while. They slap on a patch and think of bubbles....Aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!....that's better

:eek:ut:

I still haven't done anything remotely sensible with my very first patch that I got when first certed in 1985. Every once in a while I pull it out from the bottom of my knick-knack drawer and think....
" Hmmmm, I must buy myself a jacket to sew this thing onto...."
To sew them all on now, I would need 1 very large jacket with 4 - 6 sleeves....heheh..
Cheers All Ears,
The Gasman

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The only one I have on anything is my Divemaster. It was the first level I felt was worth anything and was taken to a seamstress to put on.

The new ones look small and I keep telling the PADI regional manager and the USA that they look like bowling patches.NFG
The speciality crests look like fire kindling.

As an MSDT I do not advertise anything on any jacket.

Funny thing,I was in the Vancouver airport a few years back and was wearing that Divemaster jacket.It seems to the general public to be a higher designation than instructor, as a server in one of the lounges asked me if I was going someware warm to work and teach scuba.Also , the general public starts conversations about diving with me .

Ron

Making the Spare Air "easier to spot", will help you determine who you will NOT be diving with that day! :)

Walter once bubbled...
"I think that like Spare Air, they should be bright orange.

So they're easier to spot."

What's this? a change of opinion?

For many of us, it was... humor.

Missed you in my South Florida diving thread...

my instructor never gave them to me - he always removed them from the crew pack and threw them away!

Still boy scouts probably like them....

Definately humorous, it's always funniest when true.

What's the point? You saw what you saw, I wasn't there, I didn't see it.

Who are you guys kidding? I bet everyone of you wear some piece of clothing with some logo on it. How about those cool tennis shoes, or your t-shirt that advertises beer or some dive mfg.

What a joke.

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
Stick them on your friends' BC while he is not looking...kind of like a "Kick Me" sign in the SCUBA world. Everyone will have a great time making fun of him!

Dude thats too funny!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom