What do you do with your PADI Patches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan once bubbled...
my instructor never gave them to me - he always removed them from the crew pack and threw them away!

Still boy scouts probably like them....

oh jonny

thats a low blow, because im a scouter and yes i collect patches as one of my other hobbies. yes it might seem like a foolish thing but i will tell you i have patches in my collection that make hardcore collectors pull out there check books asking to get it( patch in question is from the 1930's (late) and is worth anywhere from 4-7 grand in its current condition)

as for the padi patches i could design better patches in my sleep , plus the ones i have seen are cheap and would think they cost more then about a dime to make.

padishep once bubbled...
Who are you guys kidding? I bet everyone of you wear some piece of clothing with some logo on it. How about those cool tennis shoes, or your t-shirt that advertises beer or some dive mfg.

What a joke.

Actually, I cut the Halcyon patches off my dive gear, colored over the Diverite printing on my weight pockets with a marker, and buy my clothes and shoes at Walmart, no emblems.

I do have dive t-shirts, but none of them say "PADI MASTER DIVER"... :)

I've kept my NAUI patches. I have them tacked to my pegboard above my desk. I rather like them. I should, I earned them.

Of course, next week, I'll add my Instructor patch to my collection. It will be my momento that says I survived ITC.

My fiancé and I are working on making matching jackets with a variety of scuba patches on them. We want them to be identical as much as possible, but there are several of the older style PADI patches that I can't locate for his jacket. They are the white curved patches with the blue embroidery. I've exhausted my eBay options, but still need Night Diver, Wreck Diver, Search/Recovery, and Multilevel Diver. Does anyone have these that could help me out?

The jackets won't ever see a dive boat, but they'll be fun to wear at other times. We're putting the patches on the PADI "Born To Dive" jackets, so they really will be pretty much identical, the only difference being his Instructor patch and my DM patch. Thanks!

Yeah, it's old, but the thread showed up in my Google search and I'm running out of ideas to find the missing patches.

When on vacation, look for the dive shop classroom with the patches under glass in a frame. PADI used to have a patch display that dive shops could buy that showed those patches. I still see them in dive shop classrooms all the time, and next time I do, I'll try to remember this thread and get some for you.

I'll mail mine to you.
I'm out of town, but when I get back home I can send it to you. I think I have a rescue one in the crew pack.

They should have the year of qualification marked and be compulsory to wear, then if you saw someone who'd gone from OW to Instructor in a year or two you could keep well clear :wink:

never git any in my crew packs must be a UL spec thing :wink:

Back
Top Bottom