What Do You Store Your Mask In?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a4lod

Reaction score
What is the best thing to store your mask in? My Scubapro masks came in soft pouch-like bags. I did not feel to secure about them so I bought some hard mask boxes - several times. After a year or so, the hinges went on them and they broke. So I am looking to see what other people use. I did recently buy a Cressi mask and it came in a box with a lid. Is it possible to buy only boxes from manufacturers or does Tupperware make anything? Ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

I used to use these plastic boxes, but they ratain moisture when mask is still wet. So I usually dump by mask inside a hood or inside a foot pocket of a fin. never a had a problem wither either methods, and it takes less space.

I've never stored my masks in anything. Just clean 'em up and throw them in the dive bag. Never had a problem.

I use Tupperware like boxes that I picked up at Diver's Direct several years ago. They serve two purposes for me. 1 - to protect my masks during transit and while on the boat. 2 - Somewhere safe to protect my either my sunglasses or prescription glasses while I am diving. This enables me to keep them handy when suiting up given I'm so darn nearsighted I'm almost blind.

Once I get home or back to the hotel in the case of a longer trip, I open the boxes to let 'em dry out.

Paula

I store my mask in the soft pouch that it comes with. When traveling I stick all my stuff in a pelican box. Never had any problems.

When not using it -- I store it in the box it came in.

When transporting to/from dive site -- hard plastic box. Like yours, the hinge broke some time ago -- I just tied a bungee loop that I use to keep it shut. I like these boxes since they are tough and the mask does not move around inside and get scratched (there is a "dome" inside one side of the box that keeps the mask in one spot).

I always stuff mine in the foot pocket of one of my Jets Fins. Usually as soon as I have one fin off and over my wrist, the mask goes in it, then the other fin goes over the wrist. When my head breaks the surface as I'm climbing the ladder, I often get odd looks from DMs.

If you still have those plastic mask boxes and are frugal (cheap) like me...
when mine broke at the little plastic hinge I just took some of that packing tape with the string in it and put a number of pieces of tape on the hinge (perpendicular).

But good point above....dont store the mask wet....dry first then put in box

After drying, in the cheesy little box it came in.

Before masks came in boxes, I kept it nestled inside my BC.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom