What do you think about replacing a old Dacor Fury with Oceanic Alpha 9?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

500SE is the same as the new Oceanic Omega 3, so it's in the same category. Steve brings up a good point, but if they are mechanically inclined, they can learn to service them themselves and just keep an extra parts kit with them, nbd. The big thing though is that if you're taking care of your gear properly it really doesn't need to be serviced every year, it's a colossal waste of money. You should own an IP gauge, if not they're $15, and that will tell you everything you need to know about the state of your first stage. If the IP locks up where it is supposed to and doesn't creep, the first stage doesn't need to be serviced. If the second stage works, well same with that. If you are only able to get out once/year, it may be worth every 6 months or so hopping in a pool somewhere or a quarry to help clean the gear up *a lot of us do freshwater diving as a gear cleanup when we get back from the ocean*. It's also good as a shakedown dive before you head off on vacation. If you're diving them every 6-10 months, and the IP is good, you can probably get 4-5 years between service intervals.

Kathy, sorry about Canada, I think I was reading something else at the time when I posted it. Either way it is worth considering buying from them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom