What does scuba diving mean to you ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me it's peaceful and meditative and a welcome break from the stresses of everyday life. It allows me to reflect on my life and to realize how lucky I am to be able to experience something so special. It gives me a greater appreciation for the beauty of our planet and the diversity of life.

Whether it be rolling off the side of boat or entering the sea from the beach that instantanous contection with nature and a transition into another world and another realm is what diving is to me. It doesn't have to be extreme it's enough to just go down to the sea with a mask, fins and snorkel and make the contection!

It is about leaving the outside world behind, having enough to attend to while I float and appreciate what nature has wrought-- it is when I can clear my head of all the daily busy-ness. Quality time with my best friend, my hubby and dive buddy (all the same person). And like others, I have always loved the water and what lies beneath.

No phones, no email, no end-less chatter and no staff hunting me down to ask questions they already know the answer too. In other words peace and quite even if just for a bit.

Lots of things spring to mind, but key is the ability to move in all three dimension and sometimes just hang weightless watching the underwater life go by.

As ScubSam says, liquid therapy, and when not diving I use rum :wink:

Scuba means I can't free dive deep enough to get whatever it is I want to get. At least right now....but scuba to me is just another thing to do in Mother Ocean. Scuba, free dive spearfish, boat, surf, body surf, fish....and even grow shrimp. It's all a blast, adventurous and at times dangerous...except the shrimp growing thing.

Back
Top Bottom