what funny things have you seen kitting up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen someone almost go in without fins and I've seen the BC upside down, but I have to say the funniest thing is when someone forgets to remove the bungy tank cord attached to the boat strapped around their tank when they try to stand up.

:D Talk about whiplash!

astrl

After doing a shore dive in Maui, I was doing my best Douglas MacArthur looking as dignified as I could conquering the beachhead, when I got knocked down by the surf and rolled up like a sack of potatoes at the feet of some kids playing on the beach. Humble pie was served in full portions that day.

astrl:
I've seen someone almost go in without fins and I've seen the BC upside down, but I have to say the funniest thing is when someone forgets to remove the bungy tank cord attached to the boat strapped around their tank when they try to stand up.

:D Talk about whiplash!

astrl
it's even more fun when someone leaves the tank bungied while putting the reg on the tank...

Well it doesn't really count as seeing it if you do it, so this is just hearsay.........
I put my first stage on upside down, dived that way too. Kinda like the gauge on the right too........(my second stage was still in the correct position).
Then there was that 'report' that a certain wetsuit I borrowed was on inside out. It was easier to get on that way.

The rest of the dumb things I did that day were after the dive.:blush:

What could be more of a priceless site than sitting in the rain waiting for your buddy to gear up taking his time. Out of your peripheral vision you spot an umbrella with someone in a full wet suit walking down the path.

I too have seen some with insideout wet suits, funny how did they get the zipper closed is beyond my comprehension.

Wow. I got three requests for more information about "Ed the Diver"! (Actually I like Penny's version "Ed the Wonderdiver" better)

I have submitted the entire saga to Pete for inclusion as an article. We shall see what happens with it.

====
I like the umbrella tidbit. That is funny.

One time in Key Largo, returning from a dive on a cattle boat, we hit a brief rain shower. Most of the herd of divers (still in wetsuits) huddled under the cover at the rear of the boat. My buddy and I used the opportunity for a warm fresh water rinse! I was glad to get the salt out of my moustache! Some of the others even tried to use the boat's rinse hose, but they didn't want to step out from under the cover to use it!

Clearly I just don't get it.

W

I'm not sure how funny versus how stupid this is:

I had recently bought an E8-130 from a diver who I now swear is a Yankees fan. It was game seven of the playoffs and being a rabid Red Sox fan I was tuned into the radio while getting ready for a night dive in Seattle. The Sox were leading in the second or third inning when I had to steal myself away. We finished the dive and I sprinted back to the parking lot. The first thing I did after taking my tank off and putting it on the tailgate of my truck was to turn the radio on. It was the eighth inning and much to my surprise the Red Sox were still in the lead and about to make the comback of the century. To say that I was destracted is an understatement. I listened, I cheered and I started to drive away. Oooops, hey I forgot to do and idiot check around my truck. I got out looked over the sidewalk and the side of the truck to make sure I hadn't left any gear. Nope all appeared to be fine. Away I drove. It was now the ninth inning and I was concentrating on every pitch. About a half mile down the road and at about 30 mph I hear this thud! I look out my side mirror and what do I see, but my tank completely set up with regulators, HID light, BP&W, fully pressurized - leaping or rather commiting suicide from the back of my truck. It landed, did a few 360's and came to a stop in the middle of the road.
I rapidly backed up, jumped out, turned the air off, quickly assessed the damage, secured the tank, closed the tailgate where it had been sitting and went back to the radio to listen to the final two outs. The rest is history - the Red Sox won the world series!

What about the dive gear?

Well I lost a high pressure hose and the spg. My Terkel HID needed a new bulb, cord and handle and I had a few scratches on one reg, that 's it!

Being the devote Boston fan that I am I have consoled myself with knowing that I took one for the team. If I hadn't, then we would have had another Bill Buckner. Oh, and I still like the tank even though it must be a Yankee fan and tried to commit suicide.

DMP:
What could be more of a priceless site than sitting in the rain waiting for your buddy to gear up taking his time. Out of your peripheral vision you spot an umbrella with someone in a full wet suit walking down the path.

I too have seen some with insideout wet suits, funny how did they get the zipper closed is beyond my comprehension.
They're two way. The zipper pull goes all the way up and flips completely over. Not all zippers will do it, but lots will. Look at a parka, it will likely have one. Or you cold just look at your wetsuit. :wink:

OE2X:
I'm not sure how funny versus how stupid this is:

I had recently bought an E8-130 from a diver who I now swear is a Yankees fan. It was game seven of the playoffs and being a rabid Red Sox fan I was tuned into the radio while getting ready for a night dive in Seattle. The Sox were leading in the second or third inning when I had to steal myself away. We finished the dive and I sprinted back to the parking lot. The first thing I did after taking my tank off and putting it on the tailgate of my truck was to turn the radio on. It was the eighth inning and much to my surprise the Red Sox were still in the lead and about to make the comback of the century. To say that I was destracted is an understatement. I listened, I cheered and I started to drive away. Oooops, hey I forgot to do and idiot check around my truck. I got out looked over the sidewalk and the side of the truck to make sure I hadn't left any gear. Nope all appeared to be fine. Away I drove. It was now the ninth inning and I was concentrating on every pitch. About a half mile down the road and at about 30 mph I hear this thud! I look out my side mirror and what do I see, but my tank completely set up with regulators, HID light, BP&W, fully pressurized - leaping or rather commiting suicide from the back of my truck. It landed, did a few 360's and came to a stop in the middle of the road.
I rapidly backed up, jumped out, turned the air off, quickly assessed the damage, secured the tank, closed the tailgate where it had been sitting and went back to the radio to listen to the final two outs. The rest is history - the Red Sox won the world series!

What about the dive gear?

Well I lost a high pressure hose and the spg. My Terkel HID needed a new bulb, cord and handle and I had a few scratches on one reg, that 's it!

Being the devote Boston fan that I am I have consoled myself with knowing that I took one for the team. If I hadn't, then we would have had another Bill Buckner. Oh, and I still like the tank even though it must be a Yankee fan and tried to commit suicide.
:rofl:
I now forgive the boulder that hit my car. :)
:laughing:

The Kraken:
Did you ever remove your tank straps from the cam-buckle without paying proper attention to the threading sequence ? ? ?

New Zeagles have a diagram on the buckle. Wish mine did...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom