What I recently saw in Bonaire was shocking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE has obviously taken over Bonaire . . . :D

Here is something that will come as a shock to many frequent SB posters.

Back in 1960, Al Tilghman and some other veterans of the Los Angeles County dive instruction program decided to take the cause of scuba instruction country wide. They convened meetings of people who were teaching scuba all over the country, and they used those meetings to train instructors and form the agency that became known as NAUI. The most important of those training sessions was held in Houston. When NAUI was formed, Tilghman became its first director, and he as NAUI instructor #1. A quarter century later, he and his son collaborated on a history of NAUI.

In that history, he reflected on those first sessions and the quality of the instructors who formed the first set of NAUI dive instructors. He reported that one of the veterans believed that every modern open water dive class was producing beginning divers with better skills than most of that first set of instructors.

blasphemy....

GUE has obviously taken over Bonaire . . . :D

Trust me... I was the only guy on the island diving halcyon gear, 7ft hose, drysuit, can light, and two 80's.

I spent a week diving all over the island back in December. During that week I saw hundreds of divers who...

Likely you kept seeing the same 6 repetitively all week.

Not surprising ... Bonaire attracts a lot of people from Europe.

And their "nieces" who are likely to sunbathe topless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom