What if I needed to pee underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to film this happening. I know a website that'll pay lots for the video - sorry only joking.

I prefer farting in my wetsuit - it's nice when the bubbles run up your back. Doesn't do a lot for your bouyancy though.

Great thread, on a classic topic.

As many have said, just "let it go/flow/whatever". But don't forget to rinse. :)

On a more serious note- if you feel like you have to pee during a dive, and you try to, and nothing happens, be aware: that can be a symptom of a DCS type II hit.

Take care,
Mike

Urine from a properly hydrated healthy adult human is sterile and should have little to no odor and will not create stank if you properly maintain your gear.

Gidds:
Urine from a properly hydrated healthy adult human is sterile and should have little to no odor and will not create stank if you properly maintain your gear.
What if you take vitamins?

Do it early in the dive so that it gets washed off during the dive. and this especially true if you are renting a dive suit

Tom Smedley:
Just remember not to eat Asparagus beforehand........

BLEARGH!!! LOL!! Oh man....

I reiterate: What do other mammals in the sea do? I've never seen a dolphin pulling himself out of the water so he could take a pee. Come on... And look how many thoroughly uncountable gallons of seawater there is to dilute a few cc's of urine. Sheesh...

Momma always says, "Bodily fluids released in any expanse of water forms a cloud around you"

If you do get out of the water to use the head on the boat, where do you think the fluids go? Quite often the boats flush overbaord right back into the ocean you are getting back into.

It is natural and done by milions of marine creatures every day. Behold the float fish.

Bottom time over an hour on many dives = Just gotta go.
The only suit that I won't pee in is my drysuit.
None of my wetsuits are in the least bit stinky!
The solution to pollution is dilution!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom