What kind of diver are you?

Pick the one or more that best fits your diving. Full description in First Post.

• Recreational Diver

Votes: 191 60.1%
  • Rec-tech Diver

Votes: 67 21.1%
  • Minimalist/Vintage Dive

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Technical Diver

Votes: 40 12.6%
  • Public Safety Diver

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Recreational Dive Master/Guide

Votes: 30 9.4%
  • Professional Recreational Dive Instructor

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • Technical Dive Instructor

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Professional Dive Instructor

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Commercial Professional Diver

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Military Diver

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just a lunatic underwater tourist at this point. Although I do have a gear obsession, must be the geek in me... Damn another white paper to read...

27. Rabid Recreational Diver.

I slipped through Hawaii's "Scuba Rabies" quarantine years ago (swam under the fence), and have managed to "infect" my whole family with my scuba disease. :D

Best wishes.

I just started diving last year and fit category #4 for 2008. I hope that I stay in catogory #4 with a mix of #5.

Last year I was a 5 but, I'm a little tired this year so I'm feeling more 4.

:D

4# Avid Recreational Diver: I dive on a regular (non-professional) basis , recreationally, cold or warm water, local and on vacation. (more than 50 dives a year)
5# Active Recreational Diver with a purpose: I dive to because I love the photography/videography aspect, I almost never dive without my camera.
6# Rec-tech Diver: I dive frequently but not generally in caves or wrecks but my gear is technically inspired.

Probably these categories.
4 - well I have been diving about 15 months now and have 200+ dives so I would say "Avid" diver describes me.
5 - I almost always take my camera with me as I love photography
6 - I am moving towards wreck diving and am going to do Cavern early next year and if I like that I'll move on to Cave. I guess my gear is technically inspired also.

I guess I fit the "technical diver" category, because I actively cave dive, but I don't think of myself as a technical diver. "Lunatic underwater tourist" is a better description . . . (great phrase, BTW!)

Between active and avid recreational diver... In warm waters.
Since I started diving 6 years ago, I spent my holidays in exotic places to discover pretty coral and pretty fish...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom