What level of training do you have?

Too what "general" level of training or skills have you completed

• OW (Open Water)

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • AOW (Advanced open water, without confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • AOW (With confined spaces speciality,,Cave, Wreck, Ice...etc...

Votes: 19 9.9%
  • Nitrox (No confined spaces speciality)

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • Nitrox (with confined space speciality)

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Rebreather or Tri-Mix & other gasses (Very Deep, and or confined spaces)

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

club diver with the saa (sub-aqua-association) or is this poll only for padi divers since the grades are padi grades?

Originally posted by finstotheleft

........Do you dive with sharks often? Maybe this should be a new thread, because I'd love to hear about it!

Often? No, I have dived at Shark Junction several times. Now each time we're in Grand Bahama I dive there at least once, hoping to get a better pic!

I think I'd be pretty nervous around a bull or a great white too!

just a couple safety tips: get fairly good with your bouyancy before you dive with a camera. Also, when diving in conditions I hadn't dived in before, I left the camera behind until I was comfortable with the conditions

Good luck, have fun!!

Thanks for the tips Tavi!

OW, AOW, Rescue, Equipment Specialty, Wreck Specialty

I had just finished the divemaster training and assessment (except the practical industry component) when I broke my ankle (not dive related) and I haven't restarted the dm work yet.

I plan on doing my Deep specialty in the next few months, and will eventually get into nitrox.

My husband has done ... OW, AOW, Rescue, Equipment Specialty and is now a DM.

So do you think our LDS has made a fortune out of us?

Originally posted by scubababe
OW, AOW, Rescue, Equipment Specialty, Wreck Specialty

I had just finished the divemaster training and assessment (except the practical industry component) when I broke my ankle (not dive related) and I haven't restarted the dm work yet.

I plan on doing my Deep specialty in the next few months, and will eventually get into nitrox.

My husband has done ... OW, AOW, Rescue, Equipment Specialty and is now a DM.

So do you think our LDS has made a fortune out of us?

Not the coures thats not the money it's the gear!! :)) :D

Have fun with divemaster

Len

I've done my DiveCon with SSI but think I'll cross-over and do a PADI instructor. Got to get a job somehow !!

I just got my NAUI advanced openwater last week while on vacation in the Florida Keys, and I also have nitrox certification all of this for non confined spaces.

DiverG

Originally posted by Tavi

Shark Junction, Freeport, Grand Bahama.

Please don't ever think of them as tame!!!!!!

That's the truth. Couple of my friends got bit, one pretty bad while we were feeding
and filming. But that was before the chain mill suit times. Shark Junction went through several stages over the years before it was what it is today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom