What newbies should know about our arguments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In all honesty, you really have to glean a lot just to find something worth reading. This used to be an interesting, informative board....

Johnny.....chill....back off the porch in out in the yard with the yappin'...

sorry for adding to this worthless thread....I resign.

Lawman! It's easy to recognize a master, even in the short time I've been on the board.

Tell me, what agency taught your trollness, and did it include anything about staying off your knees?

act, but then I realized that it actually serves to help introduce DIR to new readers who may not be aware of the concept.

By keeping the DIR topic in high profile with his incessant harping, Lawtroll becomes an unwitting promoter of the very thing he tries to demean.

That's poetic justice...

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
act, but then I realized that it actually serves to help introduce DIR to new readers who may not be aware of the concept.

By keeping the DIR topic in high profile with his incessant harping, Lawtroll becomes an unwitting promoter of the very thing he tries to demean.

That's poetic justice...

Very good point. It's been the anti-DIR crowd on this board that has made me interested in finding out what DIR is about.

I have come to discover that the majority of anti-dir people on this board are either old time divers who have been there and done that which feel slightly put off by this "new" group telling them what they are doing wrong. (understandable)

or

It's the purely recreational divers that simple can't get anything out of DIR/GUE simply because they feel comfortable with their 80 fsw max dives during their summer vacation or trip to the local quarry. For this group jacket BCs and single 80s are more than adequate so they see nothing worth while. (I would imagine Lawman fits in this group... nothing wrong with that)

So, to the king troll I say keep on trolling so that more divers(that are willing to be) will be exposed to something new and useful.

mgri once bubbled...

Very good point. It's been the anti-DIR crowd on this board that has made me interested in finding out what DIR is about.

I have come to discover that the majority of anti-dir people on this board are either old time divers who have been there and done that which feel slightly put off by this "new" group telling them what they are doing wrong. (understandable)

or

It's the purely recreational divers that simple can't get anything out of DIR/GUE simply because they feel comfortable with their 80 fsw max dives during their summer vacation or trip to the local quarry. For this group jacket BCs and single 80s are more than adequate so they see nothing worth while. (I would imagine Lawman fits in this group... nothing wrong with that)

So, to the king troll I say keep on trolling so that more divers(that are willing to be) will be exposed to something new and useful.

I'm a middle of the road guy myself. A proponent of DIR, but not an acolyte.

There's no doubt that the anti-dir shills create more coolaid drinkers, but I don't find them any more vocal or volumous than the pro-dir shills.

One thing I do find indicitive of poor self esteem is those who find it necessary to insinuate or outright state that one's dive skills must be inadequate, just because that person chooses not to think like them.

I have no trouble picturing those types being a few dogs back in the team.

Custer once bubbled...

<snip>
I have no trouble picturing those types being a few dogs back in the team.
And their view never changes:)

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/--------------------\
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;Thank you for not&nbsp;&nbsp|
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp; feeding the troll&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\--------------------/
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;||
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-----------||-----------

Ender once bubbled...
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;/--------------------\
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;Thank you for not&nbsp;&nbsp|
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp; feeding the troll&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\--------------------/
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-----------||-----------
Your Welcome

GQMedic once blew his o-ring with ...
And I propose a new dive agency to debate.

DIN

Doing It NAKED

Yeah, I am up for that...

hmmm ... i see a new life for the DIN vs YOKE war comin on

now to find a funny meaning for YOKE

Custer once bubbled...
One thing I do find indicitive of poor self esteem is those who find it necessary to insinuate or outright state that one's dive skills must be inadequate, just because that person chooses not to think like them.

No one is insinuating anything about anyone's skills. Let's see what our resident troll has to say about his own skills.

Lawman bubbled in another thread...
Trying harder

We're all trying in our own way to be good divers.
We don't crash into the coral if we can avoid it, but some
times we do. We don't stir up the silt if we can help
it but sometimes we do. We try to be good buddies
but sometimes lose track of our partner. In other words
we're your average recreational diver swimming when
we can the best we can. Some of us are the wrong age,
wrong body condition and live too far dirtside to be
prefectionist divers. All we ask is to go to Cozumel and
dive the intermediate reef, hang out on Scubaboard and
learn from the pros. Please tolerate us. We're trying
to learn the arcane language of diving physics even
though we didn't take it in high school. We arn't ever
going to go to 400', appear on the Discovery Channel
or explore caves if we can help it. Give us a break
now and then. We're trying to improve.

And therein lies Lawman's problems with DIR. Not that there is anything specific wrong with the system, but that he doesn't want to put forth the effort to improve his diving. Instead, its far easier to strive for mediocrity and attack what you don't understand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom