What NOT to buy used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive lights, it seems they go out of production and parts are very hard to find. that will teach me to buy an ikelite superlite and all those bulbs. super,movie,video. I have been looking around at getting the battery pack rebuilt but no luck so far. ikelite had a alkaline pack for emergency replacement but I cant find one of those either.

As I stated before, you can buy anything new.

However, if you can get it new for almost the same price why buy used.

Last years model new or a different color/graphic maybe a better deal than used!

As I stated before, you can buy anything new.

However, if you can get it new for almost the same price why buy used.

Last years model new or a different color/graphic maybe a better deal than used!

You mean like this: Scubapro S600 2nd Stage Scuba Regulator Scuba Pro Mint | eBay vs. Scubapro S600 Regulator, Second Stage Only

---------- Post added February 25th, 2013 at 02:23 PM ----------

I am also a bit fussy as to what goes in my mouth and therefore any mouthpiece that shows any sign of use at all is out of the question.

Mouthpieces can be and should be sterilized (even if it is yours). Listerine will work as well as sterisol.

i probably wouldn't buy a used mask. actually, i'd likely buy a used she-p before a used mask. aren't personal prejudices weird?

i probably wouldn't buy a used mask. actually, i'd likely buy a used she-p before a used mask. aren't personal prejudices weird?

From the she-p users that I have seen, they clean them better and more frequently than their masks anyway. You would be safer sticking a used she-p on your face than a used mask.

I would buy anything diving-related used except wetsuits, except occasionally I see something new that I really want, then I buy it. My light monkey delrin reel is an example. Actually I've never bought used fins, but I would if I needed any.

I would not consider buying a new regulator. They're designed to be completely rebuilt, they function as new when rebuilt, and they have not significantly improved in decades.

Depending on the deal, a new computer might be a good way to go. There's usually no repairing those, so a warranty is nice. But sometimes used computers are so cheap that it's worth chancing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom