What Reg to buy? Mk17 s600 or xtx50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Ive just found a g260 deal for a little more money than the xtx50 deal so now I'm unsure, although i do like the looks of the apeks and the s600 more than the g260.

Bascially I want to get the best possible first and second stage for my money, based on what some of you have said, it seems to be between the mk17 and g260 with r195 octopus or DST and xtx50 with xtx50 octopus both new . They seem quite similar. Leaning towards the apeks though, not so keen on the old school look of the g260 if I'm honest.

It might help that SP is known for their piston regs and Apeks only makes diaphragm regs (which they are good at). If you also have sidemount or twin tank technical diving in your horizon the XTX DST is definitely for you (it has a swiveling turret). The XTX50 2nd beats the R195 anytime. I am in no way connected with a Aqualung/Apeks. I just love their reliability and ease of service/parts availability.

Thanks for the advice

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom