What’s the coolest non-diving thing you’ve done with your scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And to think that some people say that Rodales is useless. :eyebrow:

I quite like the idea of using the tank as a air dryer
Do you think you could get a reducer to perhaps use it on an air brush?
it would take me weeks to go through a bottle of scuba air

Zacrifice:
I quite like the idea of using the tank as a air dryer
Do you think you could get a reducer to perhaps use it on an air brush?
it would take me weeks to go through a bottle of scuba air
I bet it could be made from parts at the home depot. I was thinking the same thing.

To use scuba air for your air brush you need your scuba tank and regulator.
Next, go to the LDS and get the adaptor that plugs into the BC inflator fitting (end of hose), it will probably have a NPT end of 1/4" or 1/8".
Go to your favorite hardware store (Home Depot or ???) and get an adjustable air pressure regulator. If the input of this does not match the adaptor above get a bushing or other items to connect.
Get fittings for the output of the regulator so that you can connect the hose to your air brush.

Your scuba reg reduces tank pressure to something close to 125 psi. The second regulator lets you drop that down to your spray pressure of what 25-45 psi?

SCUBA air is very dry and clean and is great for spray painting, especially small volume like airbrushing.

I've done a number of different things; like hauling my doubles up and down the stairs in the house during my knee rehab. And then there was the time that I...

So I have this full sized freezer in my basement. I went away for an extended weekend [I actually think it was WreckMania II]. I got home; did laundry. It was a couple weeks later when I went back to the basement and noticed a strange smell. I figured it was a dead mouse.

A few more weeks before I was back in the basement. Ok; that smell is still down there!

A few more weeks I finally decide it's time to hit the freezer for a frozen pizza.

The freezer had died at -least- a couple months before.

The freezer still isn't completely clean [it doesn't smell outside it anymore though]. I've done 4 rounds of cleaning up in there. All rounds were done with my spare mask on, and breathing off a scuba tank.

I will have to remember all of this when my fiancee has another one of his post-Mexican food episodes. Pugh. :errrr:

I've considered wearing my shorty while working out on an elliptical trainer at home . . . even got so far as pulling it on . . . however, I was immediately hot, sweaty, and fearfull of dehydration . . . better to suck in a beer gut than kill oneself dropping a pound of water weight.

I geared up and did a presentation for a group of seniors at a retirement home. They were amazed at how heavy the gear was, and I had lots of pictures to show. Next up.. I will be doing a presentation for kids at church... Also did one for a group of school kids who were doing a project on Marine Life... may not be cool, but they all enjoyed it.

I also use a shorty when swimming in the Saint John river or some lakes..

ScubaBaby:
I'm not sure whether a hang over is due to lack of oxygen, but I do know its a great cure.....emm.....so I'm told!

As I'm an air hostess, I get to check all the emergency equipment is onboard the aircraft before we leave. Now it isn't standard practise to check the oxygen flow but its been known for a few crew to check it after a heavy night!!!!! I'm pretty sure a dose of nitrox. would probably do something just as healing!!!

A few months ago there was a craze to buy O2 shots in a lot of the night clubs in São Paulo. Like US$8 for 2 minutes on a mask..
A lot of people swore it gave them a high????

probably more of an euphoria than a high? if you get more O2 in your system, you
feel "better" (hence the term, "take a deep breath").

i don't know, just thinking out loud.

Back
Top Bottom