what should i buy first?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
Which do you like renting least?

For which, if any, could you use more time to think about your choice and try out other units?

Let me answer you with the following poem;

In days of old when divers got cold,
and before Drysuits were invented,
The best latrine was neoprene,
ESPECIALLY if it was RENTED...............................:D

cool yeah i was leaning on getting my regs first but i dove in my friends dive rite back wing type inflated bc and that thing was awesome it fit so much better than the rentals i m use too. but yeah i know im getting a zeagle and its not the same as a dive rite but it opened my eyes. another question is how do you know if your ascending too fast with out a comp?

Bruce3:
how do you know if your ascending too fast with out a comp?

An old rule of thumb is to go up no faster than your bubbles.

Consider that you are looking for no faster than 2 feet per second. If you can just creep the needle so you know you are doing no more than a foot in 2 seconds (or 10 feet in 20 seconds) you are good. Remember that a slower ascent will have you feeling better apres dive so just take it slow using some of the mentioned limits. It's a time homored technique.

Pete

Get a wet suit first. So you don't have to use ones others have peed in.
Read this board for 1 year
Get a regulator so you don't have to put your mouth on what other people did.
Then once you've figured out that all along you really want a back plate wing BCD, get one.
About this time you should have enough dives where you 1) know the dive tables and use them and can understand if there is a problem with a computer 2) really have enough dive time that you arn't breathing your tank dry before being close the going beyond the rec. dive tables. Then get a computer for the fun of it.

yeah as i said before i have all my personal gear so all i need is BC, reg, octo and comp. but if things work out i'll beable to get all these things very soon :)!!! well maybe not to comp but im comfortable with my dive charts

Bruce3:
cool yeah i was leaning on getting my regs first but i dove in my friends dive rite back wing type inflated bc and that thing was awesome it fit so much better than the rentals i m use too. but yeah i know im getting a zeagle and its not the same as a dive rite but it opened my eyes. another question is how do you know if your ascending too fast with out a comp?

Why are you buying a Zeagle when you like your friend's Dive Rite? The Dive Rite is more streamlined. If you find something you really like and feel comfortable with then buy it.

hahaa yes i came to that same conculsion when i tried on a zeagle ranger, im actually getting a transpacII and rec wing for a killer price very soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom