• 85 to 100

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • 104 or larger

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 17 11.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I did a club dive a couple of weeks ago, and my 95s were out for hydro, so I had to use one of Peter's 130s. As I walked across the parking lot, two guys looked at me and said, "Isn't that a big tank for you?" And I suppose it is, in terms of me not needing all that gas, but it's a lot lighter than my doubles.

Just got me wondering . . . if you own your own tanks, what do you have?

I own AL80's and HP120's......I love the steels :D. But the weight and the extra air is good for me.

Sorry.....just saw this was the women's forum. Feel free to delete.

I have HP 80's and HP 100's. I like them both but prefer the 100's for charters and the 80's for everything else. Assuming I can get them filled as they are supposed to be.

I have LP95, my 80's are doubled, and I have doubled HP100's.

I dive big single steels often 108, 125 and 149 cu-ft. They are heavy but nothing like the cost and weight of doubles.

I own/dive both steel HP80's and HP100's locally, depending on what I am doing. Started with the 80's and picked up the 100's. Trying out both as doubles, will see which set works best.

I did a club dive a couple of weeks ago, and my 95s were out for hydro, so I had to use one of Peter's 130s. As I walked across the parking lot, two guys looked at me and said, "Isn't that a big tank for you?" And I suppose it is, in terms of me not needing all that gas, but it's a lot lighter than my doubles.

Just got me wondering . . . if you own your own tanks, what do you have?

I traded for a heiser 140 once (63 lbs - with air) that I still own. Its on loan to a dive shop for "big" people. Yes, I had a dive buddy once that was a "big" person - he dove that and we dove 80s - everything worked out well. Amazing when you have almost 2 tanks in one.

At a dive show once, I did see manifolded doubles heiser 190s - almost 170 pounds if I remember correctly.

I use an AL 63. I end my dive close to the NDL's with about half the gas left, so it is the perfect size for me. I have used HP steel 80's and love those as well, though I don't love carrying the heavier weight of them.

Are the guys voting too? That will skew the results if you are determining what most women use...

I have Steel tanks for the most part. 1 HP80, 2 HP100's and a set of LP85's that I have yet to dive and a lone al80.
This past winter I cleaned out the stores and got rid of my double 98's and a few single 98's. I got the 85's to replace the 98's because the drop in dry weight looked really good to me. Also the 85's were too good to pass up.

I find that most of the people I dive with have smaller tanks, so I often end a dive with about 1,200 psi still in the tank. So now I am thinking about breaking down the LP85's into singles and doubling up the HP100's.

Jim Breslin

MY BAD sorry, didn't see it was for Ladies only

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom