What tech Course?? TDI or GUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexxred:
Hi,

I'm looking at doing some tech diving course within the next few months. Up till now I was pretty sure that I would do the TDI adv nitrox and deco course but now I am considering a GUE tech 1 course (I would need to do their fundementals course to). I'd be interested in any opinions or experiance people have on these courses and what they would recommend.

Cheers

Alex

Take the GUE Fundamentals ether way... before you decide on further Tech traing, be it GUE or Others...

VTernovski:
Take the GUE Fundamentals ether way... before you decide on further Tech traing, be it GUE or Others...
good idea. No, great idea!

"I was faced with the same choice. I chose GUE based on what I could get out of the fewest number of classes.... Tech1 would give me the TDI 'equivalent' of Adv Nitrox (to 100%), Deco Procedures, Normoxic trimix, Gas blending. Turns out between Fundamentals and Tech1, they "gave" me a whole lot more than that. Needless to say, I'm now glad I made the choice I did."

Is this statement correct??

alexxred:
"I was faced with the same choice. I chose GUE based on what I could get out of the fewest number of classes.... Tech1 would give me the TDI 'equivalent' of Adv Nitrox (to 100%), Deco Procedures, Normoxic trimix, Gas blending. Turns out between Fundamentals and Tech1, they "gave" me a whole lot more than that. Needless to say, I'm now glad I made the choice I did."

Is this statement correct??
Pretty much.

At the end, you will be diving Trimix using 1 bottle for deco gas. The depth limits are a bit different 200ft for TDI and 150ft for GUE...just stay away from the Scuba Police :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom