What type of Dive Boat do you prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giant stride instead of backroll for the bigger bangkas.

P3260045.jpg

We couldn't do that on Atlantis' bangka, I would have definitely preferred it.

BANKA BOATS RULE THE SEAS!!! We need more bankas on the water. Post your Banka pictures so I can incorporate the design into the next boat we build.

BANKA BOATS RULE THE SEAS!!! We need more bankas on the water. Post your Banka pictures so I can incorporate the design into the next boat we build.
1112243962banker.gif

here :biggrin:

Jag

while we were on Malapascua last weekend, I commissioned this kid to make this kickass dive bangka... :mooner:

2488729073_5951f8c11f_o.jpg

edit: the box on the back is for mounting a 400hp 4stroke outboard...
hey that's a pretty sleek craft you got there pak...

great for those one-ocean-policy dives... imagine a fleet of these guys...

btw... where do you get to put the gorgonian?

Jag

We couldn't do that on Atlantis' bangka, I would have definitely preferred it.

aah, now I remember. Yeah the Atlantis Dumaguete bangka's are the big ones, but the back of benches come off so you can back roll instead of having to walk to the front to do a giant stride. It does feel wierd at first.

BabyD, you've been on Dojo's Bangka? Honnestly, it was the nicest and best thought out I've seen! Lots of room... The sitting area is wider than most (comfort and stability)... Nice and stable... Definetly a design to consider! or at least to learn off of!

How far are the divesites from your resort?

Cheers!:coffee:

any bangka that has a ladder to help me up into it after the dives.

seriously, have you tried going up into one without those ladders? i became fast friends with the katig

:boings:

Our dive sites are prety close. We do have some that equal the PG to Verde Island range and even farther. Just so many dive sites and so little time. Ethei put a lot of effort into the design of their boat. He is one smart cookie!! I want to build one with and 3 meter beam and a 1 meter draft. The next one we build will be the SHIZNIT!! Comfort and stability and a LADDER are key to any good dive boat. I'm with Iris...LADDER = VERY GOOD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom