What type of diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy diving, period. I primarily dive in local lakes and quarries, but that is to work with students/new divers and to keep up some level of skill for wrecks that lay in the Great Lakes. It is like going down to a museum every time I hit a deeper wreck (100-130 ft). The cold, fresh water preserves them so well that they don't look that much differently than they did 100+ years ago.

I am sure that caves and wreck penetration are fascinating, but my personal comfort level is not yet to were I feel like diving that requires guideline use and worries about silt-outs in small passages. The training and equipment to do that diving is beyond my financial means as well.

I have also been in the warm oceans at Provo and found that to be excellent diving in its own way as well. You haven't lived until you have seen a shark swim up next to you at sixty foot and admired its grace as it swims away.:)

I am all about diving shallower dives (50ft-65ft) and having a long bottom time. SCUBA is gear intensive and takes a lot of preperation. I much prefer a long dive to enjoy the reefs and sea life rather than 20-minutes at 100 feet. My luck an awesome spotted eagle glides by right as my time is running out. At 50 feet you could practically drain your tank if you wanted and get a whole lot more out of that $6.00 fill!

Blue Space once bubbled...
Just wondering what type of diving you all enjoy most. i.e. wreck, cave, reef, or whatever. And what type of diving you don't like. As for me if it has water in it I want to dive it. With just 18 dives under my belt I have yet to get in the ocean. My buddies tell me I'm going to freak.....

I like night diving, wrecks and drifting best in that order. Also, any dive with an interesting animal encounter is a nice one. :)

R..

I learned to dive in Panama, Atlantic side in the 70's, moved to Colorado, (no water), left there for Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and GreenBay, (cold clear water). I finally decided life is too short for the occasional cold dip, and moved to Florida 13 years ago. Now I dive almost every weekend, holiday, and vacation. Clear springs in the winter months, ocean in the summer months. Wreak diving, and treasure hunting are my main thing. Got to go to bed early cause I'm diving in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom