What was that, sonny?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Just make sure you keep your light shinning on something in your buddy's field of view most of the time. I don't have to acually "see" my buddy, I just check for their light. As long as it's not frantically moving about, I know my buddy is OK. If I really need to be sure, we've agreed on making a small circular motion with the light to indicate OK. As said above, just make sure you both agree on the light signals before the dive. It does help though to have a nice dive light (HID) for this. It's probably not as effective with the LED and Halogen lights, especially during the day.

If I want my buddy's attention, I slowly wave the light back and forth in front of him. If I NEED my buddy's attention, I quickly/frantically wave the light back and forth in front of him, or maybe even flash across his eyes. Even if all that fails, I'm only a kick or two away from my buddy anyways. I can just kick over and give em a nudge...

Good Luck!
Jason

mossym:
thanks for the link Oren...hadn't seen those before..
You're more than welcome :wink:
BTW, they are sold under the label of more companies, not only DC but I chose them as I remembered seeing them on their website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom