What would you do if in Cozumel for 7 days and couldn't dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:11:

Actually we plan to dive but may do a few more land based activities this time since it should be a little cooler. This will only be our third trip but still looking for suggestions for landed based (mainland included.) But nothing diving or snorkling.

What we HAVE done so far.

VW convertable and tour the wild side including Coconuts and that other place where some can show their chee chees for a drink.

We visited El Cedral during Festival.

We have made a ponit to visit the square on Sunday night on both visits.

Toured the ruins on the island.

We try to visit as many different resturants as possible each visit. Where the locals eat.

So what would you suggest for a few days of activities other than diving? Besides cervesa's. :)

We will be there the week of Christmas.

Thanks

Take the ferry to Playa Del Carmen and spend the day.

Drink a lot of beer. Sneak up the closed road going north on the far side of the island. Rent a motocicleta in Playa, head south on the highway, take your chances. Spend a day on the topless beach at Isla Mujeres. Walk around town more than just two blocks in and really get to meet people. Go to Trecemilos (those who know, know). Road trip to Beliz.

Go to the mainland and spend the day @ Xcaret pronounced ish-caret.

It's a zoo/ecological park/lagoon/Mayan historical village and much more.

They have a great historical Mayan show in the amphitheater after dark, you should DEFINETLY plan on staying to see and DEFINETLY eat dinner during the show. Food and drinks were excellent.

You can float on the river that runs through the park.

See the enclosed butterfly pavilion. There are thousands of various species of butterflies flying around/eating in a natural habitat that you go into. They are breeding them there and releasing them as well.

Go up in the 200 ft tall tower, on a clear day you can see for MILES.

They are one of the worlds leading Tortuga breeding facility and release farmed turtles into the open ocean on a regular basis. They have HUGE tanks and ponds where you can see/touch literally thousands of turtles of various sizes.

They have a petting aquarium that is pretty nice.

We had a blast and could have spent another full day there easily.

Do not miss Xcaret.

If I where going to cozumel without being able to dive what would I do?
Get so drunk on the plane I couldnt remember arriving and stay that drunk untill I was back home?

Have you seen the Cozumel museum? Check out the big poster by the door for events. You might be lucky and see a musical or talent show sponsored by the museum and parks foundation.

Can someone rank the ruins? Definantly want to visit one or 2 on this trip.

Museum sounds good also.

We have been more than a few blocks back. Have been to Bar Cozumel, Los Buoys and a couple of other local bars on Saturday afternoon (with some locals)with bands that I can't remember the name of. Even went to the home of one of our DM. Same one that took us bar hopping. He said his wife told him to be home after 50 beers. So he took us all home. His wife and family was very nice. We are going to try to take some stuff down to the family for Christmas.

Xcaret sounds like fun also.

Keep the suggestions coming

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom